18 Apr 2009

BAD BLOGGER!

The easter holidays have whizzed by in a blur of activity, which when you're counting down days til homecoming is somewhat welcome. Strange though how it feels like forever ago that the girls were at school. I've had poor Natasha burn her hands on a saucepan and had to go to not one but two casualties. Luckily it was nothing serious and the blisters and now well and truly gone. To be honest she was only upset til they put the burn cream on her hands at the first minor injuries unit..by the time she got to Derriford she was fine. Think it was more difficult for her with the bandages on, especially as on her left hand she had a big ET finger style dressing...resisted the temptation to paint the tip red though.


Just thought i'd include this photo though which was taken just before they broke up, with Emily wearing some comical glasses and pulling her usual silly face. Talking comical glasses, I finally got my new ones yesterday, lovely pair of Tommy Hilfigers that I just know Pete will hate....told him yesterday that i'd got them and he said, 'what do they look like?' to which i replied, 'think TWO RONNIES'......think he got the point! I love them though which is good seeing as they are generally a permenant fixture on my face. Think even a few of the staff at specsavers were a little taken aback by my prescription......meet the real life Mr Magoo! Would take a photo but seeing as I had my perm yesterday I will wait til the inevitable 'frizzy poodle' phase has died down first.

Lil 'sis ended up OK in the end which is good. That week she had an operation on her foot to reset the bones in her toes and is now hobbling around in some weird kind of black japanese style wedge thing. She's gonna be out from work for about two months so we're all doing our bit to try and make sure she's managing with the kids.

I did have my 'night off' and it was lovely although i shouldn't have stayed up til 5am scrapping! Do have a little project I finished but still haven't taken photos so will add that tomorrow. Pete has finally been paid all of his outstanding back pay which has certainly made life easier. It has meant that yesterday i could get on with preparations for the homecoming, hairdresser, new outfit, trip to town for goodies, booked the waxing (ouch) etc. I don't get into the city much to be honest now I'm over the 'other side' but when I do, I make up for it!




Natasha enjoying the bubbles....if only the WHOLE easter holiday had been so easily solved!


I still have a few more things to sort out before the big day and I'm starting to get really excited now and less of a misery arse. Unusually for the submarine service, they've organised quite a homecoming. We'll all be going out to Devils Point to watch the boat come into Plymouth Sound and then off to Devonport Dockyard to meet them. They've laid on food and entertainment so we're all going this time. Normally I don't wait and meet the boat as it normally takes hours once it gets alongside for the guys to get off, not quite as straighforward as a ship! So usually i wait for the call to pick him up from outside the yard so this is going to be a first for me.
Freya is back tomorrow from visiting her dad in France, can't wait for her to see what I bought yesterday. We're all big fans of singstar in this house, despite most of us being either tone deaf or not having enough lung capacity to hold a note. Apart from Freya of course who has a gorgeous voice! So yesterday they had a deal on at GAME and I picked up the Queen Singstar for PS3 which she's going to love (she's currently doing Alice in Wonderland which has Queen songs as the score) and no doubt we'll have that out with the new wireless microphones which had a tenner off when bought with the disc. Nice idea for the wireless, no tripping over when we have our drunken singstar nights with the family, bit concerned though that they'll end up lost down the sofa during those nights!
Do have a few other things to talk about but the girls are begging me to get the paints out so must obey! Back tomorrow with more of an update.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hello from your fellow 'bad blogger'. The kids look great, I love the bubble photo. Glad to hear you're on the countdown now. Does Pete know that you're all going to be there to meet the boat? Bet that'll be a lovely surprise for him, especially as you've not done it before. The one and only time I did that was a bit of a disaster because the car broke down on the way, we did get there on time in the end but it was stressful because Tessa got into such a state and was scared the car was going to blow up...there was smoke coming from the steering column so I guess she had a point!

I didn't know they had Singstar Queen - we've got the Abba one but I bet Queen is better - although I can't imagine any of us would get a good score with Bohemian Rhapsody!

xx