25 Apr 2008

Not been feeling the best the past few days. I don't know if it's extreme tiredness or what but I've had lots of dizzy spells and constant migraines. It's been a busy old week though. On Wednesday, just when i felt at my worst, I went to the school that Emily will be starting in September for a 'shared learning' experience. It was the first time that Em had been to the school and she didn't want to come home. She loved the amount of space for them to play in, lush green fields, a 'reflection' area, balance beams, monkey bars, climbing frames, slides, little houses....it was fantastic to see her run around like a loon. When we got back into the car she asked when she would be getting her new uniform. They were given a choice of bags, each with a book and an activity in. Each Monday, between now and the summer holidays, they will go in and exchange it for another at lunch times to get them used to going into school. She's already asking every day if it's time to go and change it yet.


I'm definately getting my scrapping bug back again, especially knowing that Pete will be going away again soon. I only discovered it just before he came home from his last big trip so I'm definately going to make more of the opportunity for guilt free scrapping while he's gone. It keeps my mind focused and helps me get through each day at a time.


I've kind of mixed up all the Bad Girls kits that have been sat waiting for my lust for papers to come back. I completed a layout this week though which i'll share with you.





I have scrapped this photo in a different format before but it's one of my all time faves of Emily. It's quite basic but i'm building up my confidence again so will be hacking into it all a bit more after the weekend.


I also did a couple of 7 gypsies projects. A portfolio and a file folder for recording and documenting Xmas stuff. I've not done these before but i've kept the template and I'm going to make a few more for gifts with the vast amounts of scraps that have accumulated which now fill seven pizza boxes brimming with left overs


This morning was Freya's counselling appointment. It really helps Freya to open up to someone completely neutral although I'd love her to be more open and honest about her feelings with her dad as this is now the only sticking point in the whole 'dad moving to France' saga. She was told today that it's alright to feel angry sometimes and it seemed to sink a bit more when it was coming from someone else other than me as i've been telling her this for weeks now. There is such a maturity about her now though and everyday she's changing into a young lady which has brought about a lot of other changes that are sometimes quite hard to get my head around. It still seems like only yesterday she was colouring in and now she's experimenting with make up and stuff. Scary really how fast they grow.

So this weekend will be a manic one. I've got my neice and nephew staying tomorrow night which will mean six kids in the house........nothing two large pizzas and a few disney DVD's can't solve i'm hoping. Freya has her first Stagecoach session tomorrow too. I was planning on going to Mass tomorrow evening as it's been something that i've been working up to for some time now but I don't think Pete will cope with all the kids on his own so I've managed to put off the scariness for another week at least! Hope everyone has a good weekend. X

No comments: