29 Apr 2008

What is it....

...with the weather. This morning it was peeing down and this evening it's glorious! I take the kids to nursery in summer dresses only for them to come home in winter coat and furry hat! The weekend felt like it didn't exist. Pete wasn't well, I was tired and the house was full of exciteable kids and therefore me and Pete seemed to pass each other like ships in the night. Not fun when you only have a couple weeks left to spend together. So off he went back to Gosport on Sunday night and to be honest it didn't feel as though he'd been home. Luckily this is last week of course and although we don't really know whats happening next as to when he rejoins the boat, as far as we know that's him off work now until the 13th and 14th May.

I have done a little more scrapping but really have to get to bed early tonight as it was 4am and 3am respectively that I went to bed the last two nights and that ISN'T healthy. I did manage this layout. It's pretty simple really but I love the way the photo pops off the black cardstock. Plus I really love this photo of Freya. Sorry about the flashlight getting in on the action but the light at the back of the house isn't too great. I've been working on some unfinished projects too which I hope to share over the coming week.




We did have an unexpected visitor this evening. One of the neighbours kids knocked to say there was a hedgehog asleep in our front garden and there the little fella was, rightout in the open having a snooze. It lasted just long enough for me to grab my memory card (why do I never put it back in the damned camera) and get a shot. All the commotion of the kids in the street coming over to check out what we were looking at woke him up though and he's now scuttled under some brambles (must get Pete to chop them down this weekend!).


So that's it for today really, hoping to get ontop of the housework tonight and get a little scrapping time done after the kids go off to bed.......don't think it will be that straightforward though.....it NEVER is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh! he is lovely. Btw, I tagged you!