8 May 2009

Sad sad news


Coming home after the school run yesterday I notice a missed call from my friend Chris. Thinking it an odd time of the day for him to call, I call back thinking maybe he was finally coming over to have a look at my crappy network set up and have a general chit chat and catch up....I'd given him a hard time of it online on Saturday bemoaning the fact that he hasn't been over for an age.


When his dad answered the phone I knew there was something wrong. I was then told that Chris had died the night before, suddenly. I felt absolutely numb knowing that someone that meant so much to me, was always there for me, helped me through some tough times and was always first port of call with my constant random PC queries.......was suddenly not there anymore. My thoughts go to his family who I know are very close. I was honoured to call Chris a true friend and will forever remember all those road trips ..... especially up and down to Barnstaple with me constantly whinging about his crappy musical tastes and telling him to put on something less 'dreary'.


I'll miss you big man. XXX

No comments: