12 Jun 2007

Playing!

Well i ripped open the box this morning knowing what delights were inside and believe me when i say it didn't disappoint! I have my lovely camera, 4 lenses, a converter and several glass things that i have no idea of their identity (but i'm sure someone will tell me eventually). I've taken loads of (god awful) photos and i have no idea what lenses are suitable for what types of photos. I have had a little read of the manual so i know the functions but very little else. Got a feeling this is going to take time! Thought i'd upload this one as i'm not one usually for taking pics like this and i've never done a lot of close up photos.

I still have no idea what apertures are, iso speeds should be and how to change depth of field but hey i'm trying. Caught this lil blighter in the back garden

But fave has to be this one for Freya's 'i don't want to smile cos i have jaw ache' face! Adorable - NOT!
So now i have this lil beaut it's time to find a good book or website for basic idiots like me......get a lil cash and tescos vouchers for the OU course and enrol for October....and try and see if i can do one major catch up with all the playing on my space: her space. Think i'll do that tomorrow when Pete takes Emily to see the Wiggles stage show. Those guys freak me out severely so will be giving it a miss.....i did do both the Dora and Fimble live shows though so should be let off the hook with the weirdo wiggles. Kids seem to love 'em but i just don't see the charm.....give me sportacus anyday!

I have actually done some scrapping this week, a couple of digis etc, but my fave was actually a scraplift. I was umming and ahhing whether to drop last months
modscraps kit as K&Co is not a fave of mine but the great newsletter that came with it contained a gorgeous layout done by Giselle Homer and i thought...i want to have a go at that...so here it is.

a>
I also managed a CJ entry for the Winter Warmers (Hi girls)! This has been the first CJ i've been in and i'm really enjoying it. I think we eventually get our own back in September or October.

So i will be at the Plymouth crop tomorrow.....but if i'm still playing cameras tomorrow when dh is wiggling to the wiggles i may be back during the day....have fun whatever you're doing. X

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lovely photos terrie am sure you will figure it all out soon it takes time when you get a new toy lol love the lo