25 Oct 2009

Half Term madness begins....

...and there is so much to do! It's been so nice having Pete home though as this time of year is so hectic. Tomorrow is Natasha's birthday and the cake is bought. I'm running out of original cakes from Waitrose though unless I start buying the £50 ones which, let's face it...isn't going to happen. Not with 3 birthdays in the space of 4 weeks on top of hurtling towards Christmas.


So this year, Natasha has picked the mermaid one but when we went to pick it up yesterday, all hell broke lose because the mermaid was blonde....oh well, can't please them all. If I had a penny for everytime i've told her that her birthday this year will be cancelled in the last week i'd have at least 20p. OK so that's not a lot in monetary value....but you get my drift. She's just become such a whingebag over the past month or so that I'm glad she's still at nursery this week!

Tonight, I'm leaving the brady bunch in the hands of my sister as myself and Pete are off to watch Saw VI, which by all accounts has been slated by all that have watched it so far. However, as going out to watch it means having a bite to eat afterwards (and no doubt several cocktails) and being child free for at least four hours, I wouldn't care if I was watching a wall dry for two hours first.

We seem to have gotten everything ready for the big Halloween Party next weekend. It's the first time in three years that Petes been home so we've pushed the boat out a bit with it this year. Perfect that it's on a Saturday night so we've got the kids party til 7...then the adults take over. Not only drunken singstar...but drunken scary singstar courtesy of the voice changer that comes with Pete's costume.....should be an interesting night.

I've managed to do a little crafting, although all in the cause of Halloween. Got all the bits out to make the invitations and i've got a few other titbits to make before next weekend. I'm hoping it may give me the buzz again that's been missing for a while.

Of course, I'm also trying to get stuff planned for Xmas, and not being the kind of girl who likes trawling through Plymouth in the cold (am I female?) that means being cosy and warm, infront of a PC, placing orders with various establishments online (and smiling as I rack up the airmiles which someday I may get round to using!).

Freya's drama production was a massive hit and (biased or not) she certainly stole the show. A couple years ago she was a very shy and quiet girl and now she looks completely at home on the stage. During the interval everyone was talking about her performance....it's the second comedic role she's had and she was really funny. I can't wait now for the DVD to come out.

Talking DVD's, the new Pink concert comes out in the next couple of weeks so thats on pre-order for Freya for Xmas although I may have to check it out first....obviously only as a responsible parent! I've also ordered her some living dead dolls although one won't be available til after Xmas so I'll put that back for her birthday. It was a must buy though as she played the Mad Hatter in her production

......Living Dead Dolls eh? Think my daughter is turning Emo! I blame my creepy sister. Mind you saying that, she went to her youth club on wednesday in fishnet three quarter length tights, black shorts and a neon green tutu......I thought i'd fallen asleep and woken back up in the mid 80's staring at myself....she even had lacy fingerless gloves and loads of bangles....all she needed was a fake mole and blonde hair ala Madonna circa 'Get Into The Groove'.

So not too photo heavy today. Although I will leave you with a little collage done by the talented photographer that was Emily. Packed with her dads old instant, she had to photograph her journey to school for Walk To School Week and then submit it for a competition...shame the email address for the competition didn't work but I was really proud of her efforts so am thinking of letting her have the old camera anyway. Believe me when I say that every photo turned out better than Freya's efforts when she took the same camera to her Isles Of Scilly Trip and not one photo was comprehensible!






No comments: