6 Oct 2009

Life getting hectic.....

....but then again at this time of year I suppose it's to be expected. But if I didn't have my diary (or several of them if truth be told) then I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not I was coming or going. Hopefully my auntie Susan will wrestle with her technophobic demons and get on here to see some of the photos from her daughters wedding last weekend so excuse me for having a photo overload but it's just incase she gets to see them here and tell me if she wants any emailed up to her to print off.
























Emily also had a first last weekend (guess it was a weekend of big firsts!). She lost her first tooth. As it was quite late on the Saturday and I had little change left I told her to keep it safe until the following night when we'd leave it out for the tooth fairy. Well, that night never came as Emily (and I'm sure it is ONLY Em that could do this)......swallowed it! Yup, she decided she'd try to put it back in and swallowed it instead. Well, I couldn't imagine the tooth fairy would want to go anywhere near it if it did make an appearance (and I decided not to wait for the appearance either) so she has been warned that swallowing her teeth will not make her wealthy and has promised not to try the same trick again.



I did mention that it was my birthday last week and I had a lush chocolate cake from the girls in the morning (yup chocolate cake at 7am......good eh?) and a new bead for my troll bracelet along with slabs of chocolate everywhere I looked.



Later in the day I also had a nice delivery from Interflora of some gorgeous flowers and yet more chocolate (needless to say there hasn't been much weight loss in the last couple of weeks).

Sunday was a bit of a blur, with getting all ready for Pete's homecoming. He came home late Monday afternoon and was surrounded by girls demanding hugs and kisses. The jet lag certainly kicked in though and he was a gonner til gone midday on Tuesday. Strange to think that he's literally home now for about 10 weeks but having been given a 'to do' list as long as his arm it'll keep him out of mischief (and the beer fridge).


So we celebrated his first weekend home with a lush meal at Yukisan and pushed the boat out with some oysters thrown in. I realy should take my camera next time I go as the way they present the food is gorgeous. I've always resisted the authentic Japanese sit down tables though as I'd never get up again. I do love this place and it's so special. We're blessed to have two Japanese restaurants now in Plymouth and I've eaten at both. Koishii is really good too and the food was delicious but the menu is less extensive. I will however say that the staff at Koishii were so friendly when we went.

This weekend we also had the sponsored Pom Pom walk to raise money for Devonstar Twirlers. Despite it being a bit on the windy and chilly side, the girls did themselves proud and the rain only first appeared after we'd finished and ended up in the park. Can't wait to see how much we raised.

We had our first training session since moving to the new hall in Ernesettle and what a difference. We now have a great hall with loads of space and plenty of height. I took advantage a little too enthusiastically and have only now begun to be able to walk properly again but each week I do hurt a little less. I'm going to take the camera along with me this week and get some more shots of the girls for the web page. I also got my troupe tracksuit which looks great and I've bought one to put back for Emilys birthday next month.

The onslaught of birthdays began last month and now we have Natashas, Robs and Emilys all before Xmas.........me thinks it's going to be an expensive couple of months. Especially as I'm now saving madly for course fees.


Freya is up to her eyeballs at the moment with drama rehearsals. She has a full dress rehearsal infront of a couple local schools today and then the big performances are tomorrow and Thursday night. So I'm off to see her tomorrow and to be honest I can't wait for it to be over and done with as this has taken a hell of a lot of time in rehearsals.....I'm beginning to think of Freya as some strange ghost type figure who occasionally occupies the front bedroom...we hear her but never see her!

No comments: