27 Oct 2009

Party number 1.....

...of this week is over. Natasha turned 4 yesterday and we had a lovely little tea party. Was only a small affair this year what with the big Halloween bash coming up on Saturday and another 2 birthdays in the next four weeks. Saying that, little Miss Mayhem (for that should be her new name) had a fantastic time, with some great presents, me butchering her with facepaint and the cake that she wanted (even if the mermaid WAS blonde).


She did a great job on the candles though and blew those out in a oner. Not the greatest photos I know, but I just love the expression on her face in the second one!




She seems to have taken a shine to the little Ponyz toys that she played with at her cousins house so she got some of those and a Barney DVD (what is it with that purple monstrosity that kids love so?). She also got a barage of gifts from the family......her toy Dyson being a favourite although I didn't manage to get a photo of that last night as it was a bit chaotic but will take some more later.


I bought proper facepaints for the first time last week in prep for Halloween but thought it would be a good chance to have a little play before the party. What was confirmed was my complete lack of artistic ability! A very wonky butterfly on poor Natashas face. Stupidly i'd done the outline first and then managed to smudge everything doing the rest. But I guess it'll take practice......and anyway, Natasha thought she looked great ..... possibly only because of the glitter.

Emily's wasn't as hard to do as she just wanted some trailing flowers so there was at least a little more room for error. Thank goodness that I don't have to be quite so precise with the Halloween face painting! Again though, kids are luckily easily pleased and Emily loved it.......in her eyes I am Michaelangelo!


So another birthday over, Robs in a fortnight, Emilys in 4 weeks and then Xmas! Credit card is about to take a hammering I think.


Half term has started and again it's no let up of activity. Today is a bit of a slow one although Em has a friends party to go to this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm picking up Paige who's coming to stay for a couple of days. It's been a while since she stayed, a couple years I think and now that Freya has a little more of an outside social life she can't wait to show Paige around and introduce her to some of her friends.


She wanted me to take some photos of her yesterday as she didn't like the profile pic she had on MSN so I took a couple shots and I adore this one. I'm definately going to get this one blown up and put on the wall. It's strange how she suddenly looks so much older than she is. Scary in some ways. All she has is a little mascara on and yet she looks about 16! Or is that just me panicking?



It's been a nice few days here. Pete and I managed to escape the kids on Sunday to go to the cinema to see the new Saw movie. It's been slated a bit although I still enjoyed it, then we went for a bite to eat in Old Orleans where my eyes were definately bigger than my stomach. Now that the girls are a little older, it's nice that babysitting isn't so hard to come by. The last few years have meant very little home time for Pete and we seem to be making the most of this 10 weeks home so far. I know it won't be too long til he's back at sea again......life in the armed forces eh?


Talking of which.......has everyone got their poppies yet?

1 comment:

Carly said...

She definitely looks a little older in the pictures. I am sure that it is hard to see her as a young adult. I don't think she looks 16, but maybe 14... You should definitely blow up the photo and hand it on you wall, and enter it in an i heart faces if an appropriate topic comes up. The face painting pics are great too!