4 Feb 2012

Best laid plans.....

Started not feeling too good on Wednesday night, hence the lack of updates. Had a really bad stomach with indigestion meaning that the only thing i could eat was plain white bread with a bit of butter on just so it wasn't dry. Anything else I tried, including fruit just made me worse so it was milk and bread. Not idea but as haven't eaten much else since them I'm hoping to at least be the same on Monday as I was on Wednesday.


I'm actually switching weigh in day to Monday as it's far easier for me to get my head around. So hoping not to have put on at least on Monday. I'm sat now writing my list for shopping in a bit. Going to brave the weather anyway as have to pick up the eldest from a Kaiser Chiefs concert tonight. I was supposed to be going but as I was going with a load of 'couples' I felt a bit of a gooseberry so gave it a miss. Hope the rest of them enjoy it though and I'm playing taxi home.

I did forget to mention anything about drinks on day 1. I don't tend to drink hot drinks and rely mostly on no added sugar squashes or diet coke. But one thing I did want to share is Green Tea. I read on a forum about a couple members having a better weight loss whilst drinking green tea. It's certainly an aquired taste (at least for me) but once you've been drinking it a week or so it's fine. The advice I had was to have a cup of green tea and an apple with every meal. Although I'm not one to eat that many apples, I did take the green tea advice and did find that weight loss was better. Would be interested to know anyone else's thoughts on the subject.

I also learnt something else. If, like me, you have a habit of breaking bits of bread and putting it in your soup....don't do it with a wholemeal roll! The bloody thing disintegrated into the soup and made it really cloggy. Wasn't that pleasant to be honest. So from now on I think it's a dunk like a biscuit! On the plus side, the whole litre and half of the soup I made on Day 1 was consumed by my eldest and Pete so that's a definite thumbs up. Going to do another batch tomorrow with cumin added to it.

New Slimming World magazine arrived through the post this morning and only had time to have a brief flick through but looks some nice recipes in there. So now off to plan for the rest of the week.

No comments: