2 Feb 2012

Erm....now we're REALLY off!

One thing about me and diets is that it takes me a while to get back on board. If I can resist the crap food, the picking, the excuse of not having time to organise it then I'm fine. But when the excuses start after a couple of days then I know I'm not in the right frame of mind to start with.

Finally today I'm there. In the right head space where I know all I have to do is take a deep breath, plan this week, get through to the first weigh in, see the results and then be encouraged enough to keep on going. The thing with Slimming World is that it IS an easy eating plan, it DOESN'T cut out loads of food and it is maintainable...it's just that thing your brain does right in the beginning when it tells you that you're going to be miserable if you do it.....much like giving up the dreaded smoking, but more on that later.

So this blog will now officially become my motivation in lieu of not being able to get to SW meetings. Armed with my recipe books, some know how, the support from my family and hopefully some online motivation I'm hoping to crack this for good.

So this is day one. Officially day one. Have almost frozen from the cold this morning jumping onto the scales for that first weigh in (always have to be naked!!) and although I haven't gained ALL the weight I lost 18 months ago, I'm at 12 stone 8. My heaviest was 13 stone exactly and I managed to get to 11 before falling off the wagon. I'm just proud to be honest that I've actually put my weight there for all to see. It's the first time I've ever done it, only my hubby knows what I weigh.

Setting a final target is a bit too big to go for yet. At only 5 foot 1" it should be around 8st 7 but having not been that weight possibly since my teens, it's not something I feel comfortable setting. So my initial target is to get to 11st before enjoying a long weekend away with Pete for our wedding anniversary on the 19th April and then to hit 9st by our holiday at the end of August. At 2lb a week loss (which is generally what I average) both of these are achievable with weeks to spare as the weight often comes off much more slowly towards the end.

With regards being more active. That's a little more difficult at the moment but I'm hoping to get on the wii fit in a couple weeks time when work calms down a bit. I'm not a gym bunny by any means. In fact, I hate it with a passion. So for me it's probably going to be more walking, Wii Active and as I like dancing, think I'll look into Zumba which looks more up my street.

Well, it all starts with being organised and I've sat down and figured out what I want to cook this week, listed all my ingredients and been shopping. I'm not on a great budget (let's face it, who is at the moment) so nice cheap meals appeal. But I do tend to stick to the Extra Easy plan as it's one that generally fits in around the whole family. My first couple weeks, whilst I get back into it can be a bit boring but once I'm enjoying myself again I do experiment a lot.

I'd love for people to share recipes, tips and motivation and feel free to lead me to blogs and other websites which might help. So I guess it's up to me now......................

No comments: