8 Feb 2012

Day 2 Food diary

Breakfast
Strawberry and Kiwi fruit salad

Lunch
2 Alpen Light bars (HE B)

Dinner
Roast pork (fat removed), carrot batons, honey roasted parsnips (1 syn) and roast potatoes with gravy made with granules (1 syn)

Snack
3 Jaffa cakes (7.5 syns)
Milk (HE A)

Not the greatest of days. I'm realising that I have to be eating a lot more superfree foods with my lunch but as I was working yesterday afternoon it was so difficult so I think I have to plan a lot better for lunch. I'm not one for salads unless they're smothered in a creamy dressing so that's a no go. The way I see it, you only stick to a healthy eating plan if you ENJOY what you're eating. So salad is out the window.

Soup is the perfect one for me and with hindsight, I should have taken out a batch from the freezer as the majority of ingredients in the soups are superfree so I think with a bit more foreward planning that will be better tomorrow. The Alpen bars were more of a 'shit, I haven't had anything to eat and still need to have my Healthy Eating B choice'.

Dinner was delicious though. The willpower it took to remove and bin the crackling after it came out the oven was very hard. The parsnips were really nice. I just par boiled them and then roasted them after spraying with fry light and drizzling 2 tbsp of honey on them. The roast potatoes were also roasted in fry light and although they took a lot longer to roast and were a bit drier than doing in oil, a free roast spud as opposed to 4 syns for a large potato roasted in oil is just no competition, especially as I would normally have 3 or 4 potatoes with a roast dinner.

We all ate the same last night and the kids enjoyed dinner (apart from Em who decided that she doesn't like parsnips even though she's had them before and liked them, that's kids for you). I think Freya was disappointed that I'd thrown out the crackling and in fairness I would normally give her quite a bit of crackling.

Pete took a salad to work along with a baked potato and a batch of the chilli that he made up on Sunday so he was happy with that.

I'm going back to classes on Monday. It's the same group I was with before so will be nice to see if there are some familiar faces there and see how they're doing. I like that it's on a Monday as I just can't get my head around being weighed on any other day...plus it means I don't go too mad over the weekend.

I've got half an eye on up and coming functions as I've got a couple the end of this month. One is a week on Saturday so I need to be really strict next week and use some flexible syns for a few drinks. If I stick to vodka and diet coke though I'll be fine. I'll go out with the mentality that although it's great to have a night out with a few drinks, I'd much rather be having a night out in a few months time, feeling less conscious of my weight and having a few drinks then!

No comments: