26 May 2008

So it's only been three days since Pete left and i've spent the last six months only seeing him at weekends anyway so this is nothing unusual. Does feel a bi strange though, I guess it's the KNOWING that he's away until mid July that gets me. I know things will ease off next week once a routine kicks in again (as much as anything in this house is routine) but over a bank holiday and half term where it's peeing down with rain and the kids aren't exactly on their best behaviour it's a bit of a hair tearer......and is it gospel that it will piss down on bank holidays.....just wondering?


So at least with pete out the picture I can scrap to my hearts content. I've done three layouts so far since Friday and completed a minibook for Freya to record her deepest darkest secrets (which at 10 years old is usually.....'mums on my case again cos my room is messy!'. I just thought that with the pyschotherapist sessions about to end, she may like a little book to record her feelings in so we can discuss them afterwards. I think she's going to miss the sessions. She's come to terms with all the stuff about her dad moving abroad but she still has so many questions that I can't answer for her.
Things always start going wrong when Pete is away, day one the toilet started to overflow....only ever does it when he's not here and I've flooded the bathroom twice because of that thing.....once even going through the ceiling. I'm a dab hand with the plunger now though so fingers crossed it won't rear it's ugly head again.
Then tonight the worst of all....ugly hairy massive black spider in the living room. Well as i won't go within 10 feet of one and it was crawling up the curtains, I decided that the only way to tackle it was to stand from afar and spray whatever household aerosols I had at it. One tin of Glade Vanilla and half an aerosol of spray starch later, the bloody thing was still crawling and when it moved and i jumped i couldn't find the damned thing. Now I don't know if it's alive or dead so i'm trying to get drunk enough to re-enter the living room in the vain hope that if I then do see it or it jumps at me with it's blood sucking fangs, I just won't care!
Still not got to mass. Was going to go this weekend but as Pete has disappeared that's out of the question. Going to see if someone will look after the little squibs for me next Sunday instead. I really have to go and Pete even offered to go again once he came back. I don't want to take the kids until I feel comfortable going again and that may take a few months yet.

So seeing as Freya is doing an Indiana Jones night in prep for going to see the new film on Friday...(can't wait....he may be ancient but Dr Jones can enter my temple of Doom anytime!) the ickles are watching Spongebob Movie and that leaves me free to do a little scrapping. XXX

No comments: