1 May 2008

The Sun is shining!

But i've still put the heating on. It's a glorious day out there but where is the heat, can we at least turn it up a little please? Still absolutely knackered and I'm thinking of having a sleep after the girls go to nursery tomorrow for a catch up, just depends on how much housework I get done today I suppose.


Was a busy day yesterday though scrapping wise. I didn't have time over the weekend to take part in the Cyber Crop over at UKS so I printed the classes off on Sunday night and began sifting through them to see what grabbed my fancy. I really wanted to do Cleo's class because I enjoyed doing her classes at Scrap Camp last year. Mine is a little different, partly due to a cock up on my part and partly because after struggling with the instructions for the mini book I was rapidly losing the will to live. No idea why but I have this inbuilt inability to follow folding instructions from a piece of paper. Can't get my head around it at all. Visualisation isn't my strong point as my scores on Wii Brain Academy testify!
Having done Cleo's classes before, the technique of 'cheeseholing' is nothing new to me.......great phrase that isn't it...cheeseholing, still makes me giggle now. I used some Piggy Tales papers which I think were the Ba Ba Black Sheep range. These are great papers and of course the super dooper talented Tracie is on their DT too which makes me think they're even more super!
The second class I did was Gerties . I can't say that I'm familiar with her work but I did enjoy this class and after looking out her rather funky looking blog (I just can't resist anything that has a photo of Frank Gallagher on it) I'm definately going to make myself more familiar with the rest of her work as it looks really good. For my interpretation I used 7 Gypsies papers which have been gathering dust forever. I had a really good clear out last night and can't believe the stuff I have and have had ever since I started crafting 18 months ago.
So i'm hoping to do a little more scrapping this afternoon. Depends if the kids will let me.

No comments: