24 Feb 2007

Good evening all and how are you tonight? I've just finished a cute little book that i got with my January Modscraps kit. It's a little keepsake book for Pete to take with him when he's away, it's got little pics in of us being 'in lurve' and just saying how i feel when he's not with me. This is the first kit i'd ever subscribed to, purely because i loved the colour combinations. I must admit that i'm now completely sold on the idea of kits. I was a little hesitant at first....what if i didn't like what came with it etc etc but it's been fun to look at all the things that i would never have popped into my basket on their own. I did wonder if i would use all of it and apart from a few small scraps, i have!

For someone who hasn't been scrapping very long, i have a huge stash collection and yet that sometimes seems to be more daunting than anything else. I like the idea of page kits and that someone else has spent all the hours that i would normally do trying to work out what would go best with what. It's also great to do something that you normally wouldn't do. I would never have had any interest in doing an exploding box EVER if i hadn't have seen one at the Little Cottage Crafts Workshop that i went to in December...I would never have tried a Lippy Chick Book if i hadn't have done the UKScrappers Cyber Crop last November and i certainly didn't think i would ever want to do a matchbook or minibook until i did them because they came as part of a kit...as far as i was concerned all i wanted to do was layouts! How shortsighted i feel now.

So for now, i've decided (which has been helped along by one of my credit cards being maxed out) that i'm going to stick with kits...I have my modscraps kit and my DT kit for Sugar and Spice and when i start to get to the stage where that isn't enough, i've seen some gorgeous kits from the states which i feel like i MUST HAVE! But all in good time.

I did another first last night, I scrapped my first A4 Layout. I've been doing 12x12's since i started and was so in awe of some lovely layouts created by Little Miss Gem that i thought i'd give it a go. Well, i've had the album about 6 weeks but carried on in my trusty 12x12 until i finally ran out of room in my ever expanding albums so an enforced move happened last night. I think it's going to take some time to get used to it but so far so good.

Got Scrapbook Magazine in the post this morning (bit odd considering that the website says it goes on sale on the 1st March?), I took out a subscription on the 28th December and this is the first one that has arrived (edition 22 and not 21 as i was told). Lots of stuff in there to get my teeth into and some good articles aswell...and i always love it when i see pics and recognise their names from the forums, makes me feel so privilleged to be amongst such wonderful talent.

It's absolutely hammering it down at the moment and i'm debating with myself whether i should get myself a chinese....i keep talking myself out of it but a king prawn curry would go down rather nicely at the moment. Kiddiwinks are in bed, although, as always not without incident...natasha managed to trip over her PJ bottoms and conked her mouth on the coffee table. Boy does a split lip bleed?! So now the house is deadly silent (apart from Amy Winehouse and myself singing our little lungs out - dunno about rehab, but certainly need therapy). How are you spending your weekend?

Well as i'm feeling a bit down about missing Pete i'll put a nice pic of him here, as usual during camera moments he's squiffy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hiya welcome to blog world cograts on the design team you must be really chuffed!