23 Feb 2007


It's been a really quiet night on the forums so i've managed to get some scrapping done. I used the K&Co Scrapad that i got a subscription gift from Scrapbook Inspirations to scrap some really old family photos. It's not the kind of paper that i would pick up and buy but i've actually enjoyed using them. They fit the photos i've chosen quite well. One page was of my nan, the most important woman that has ever been in my life and a truly amazing woman, the other was of my dad. I must admit that i really welled up doing the journalling for the one for my nan as i mentioned how much she meant to me and how her death had hit me really strongly. So it's been an emotional night to say the least.


The kids are all tucked up in bed, Emily and Natasha were whacked out after a full day at nursery and after Tash went down at 6, emily fell asleep on the sofa at 6.30! Thought i'd add a little pic of emily (the 'spirited' one of the family)


I got an email from Marion at Sugar and Spice earlier, saying that she would be sending me the new monthly kit as soon as she puts it together so i guess I am a part of a design team now! Fabby dosey and i want to tell my darling Pete but can't. At the moment the boat is being refitted in Faslane in Scotland, even though it's a Devonport based boat (BTW boat means submarine, don't ever refer to a ship as a boat.....that's my advice for the evening). It's going to be there until at least October so from now until then i have to make do with Pete coming home every few weeks for a week or so. At least he can phone me (when the reception isn't too bad) which is far better than last year.


2006 was a really hard year. The boat was away for 8 months of the year and Pete was away for 6 of them. In February he went away for four months, was home for two and then away for another 2. Unfortunately the nature of the beast with submarines is that contact when they're at sea is extremely limited. Postal service is rubbish, they can't phone and there's no email facility....only if they're classed as operational (hardly ever) and even then it's one there and one back a week. Still mustn't complain as it pays the mortgage!

No comments: