13 Mar 2009

Busy weekend

So much to cram into a few days, firstly a mass of paperwork, accounting (probably of the creative kind to try and work out what the hell is going on ...... i'm sure that Pete doesn't realise that you can't take more away than is there to start with) a mass clean of the house as i don't want the sitter to realise what squalor I subject my kids to living in tomorrow night, dropping Freya off to go shop for bridesmaid dresses, food shop as my cupboards resemble mother hubbard very literally apart from a lone pizza for the sitter tomorrow, decide what the hell i'm wearing to chocolate heaven tomorrow!

Its a 'do' for the ladies of HMS Torbay tomorrow, we're off to Chocochino's on the Barbican. Never been before so should be an experience, apparently we're having chocolate fondue and then making our own box of chocolates which i'm not shy of saying I will not be sharing with anyone!



Had a lovely night last night for Freya's birthday. Despite her present not being here, she's patient if nothing else so wasn't worried about it and spent the night trying to guess what it may be. I said that i'd tell her if she wanted to know but she said she just wanted to ask questions and for me to answer yes or no to see if she could work it out. Think she may now know as she's stopped asking now and when I got my PDA out to find out some dates she said 'I think i know what it is' so either she HAS worked it out or she thinks she has a PDA which isn't true. What she actually has is this.



We had nanny over for a little birthday tea consisting of sushi and crab and salmon, all Freya's faves and this oh so cute cake from Waitrose.





And she never managed to puff them out in one go either!



Still can't believe how time is flying by. I hate seeing her grow up as I seem to become more and more protective. Funny how when you first have children you think you're going to be some 'right on' parent, relaxed about everything and then when puberty hits you want to find out who still stocks chastity belts! Biased i know but ain't she gorgeous? Although she'll have to blame her dad for her eyebrows!




She's had money, new football boots and kit, some gorgeous clothes from three sets of grandparents, earrings and is having her hair done at a lush salon at the end of the month. Bloody hell, i get far too emotional on birthdays!

I've been really missing Pete this week, guess it's because I know that we're roughly half way through the trip and with him being alongside next week it's the anitcipation of some contact. So will have to busy myself with some other projects that are on the go which hopefully I can share next week. For now it's off to do the bedtime battle.

No comments: