17 Mar 2009

Life is sweet

Isn't it funny how when the sun shines, life never seems so bad! Despite all the pitfalls of the last couple of months, everything in the Farrell household seems relaxed and calm. I don't think I even screamed at the girls once this morning whilst getting them ready for school and usually it's every 30 seconds. I'm sleeping better, the house is tidy (although my bedroom is resembling Aladdins Cave) and I even made some cards last night. Even Freya asked me yesterday morning 'Mum why are you in such a good mood?' which translated into honest mood would probably sound like 'Mum why are you usually such a mardy cow!?'. I didn't even retort with sarcasm but just smiled as a bluebird landed on my shoulder....ok, the last bit MAY be a slight exaggeration, but it's how I feel. In a few days I'll be speaking to the love of my life, the girls are all in their happy places and life is wonderful.......what more could i ask for? Well, if anyone has a couple grand going spare.........





The current subject on the smackblog is about the credit crunch and to how this has affected your scrapping. Well I must admit to being virtually saintly in the stash spending department having bought nothing at all for six months and even then, that was my first spend of last year. My Bad Girls kit subscription ended in October and I didn't renew and my magazine subscriptions ended last summer so stash spending is nil. And yet I have a cupboard full of stuff. Plenty to use and plenty to do with it. I'm not on DT's and I don't submit work, therefore it doesn't matter that I don't have the latest stash or embellishments. As someone who scraps for me and my family, I can't see that future generations who look at my work will think anymore of the pages than they do at the photos and they certainly won't be thinking....oooh nice use of felt, that was bang on trend when this page was made! If it's not going to bother them then why should it bother lil ol me. By the time it reaches them...ALL the papers will be dated so who cares......to prove a point, i'm now using up scraps from the Basic Grey range Blush range which i just 'had to have' as soon as it came out.....two years or so ago!

Now don't get me wrong, I ooooh and ahhhh at the latest CHA releases but I just can't see the justification when i've already got enough paper to decorate the house with........I even have a fall back stash of herma......now if we were talking shoes.........

No comments: