15 Mar 2009

Sweet Like Chocolate



OK, so I love chocolate, in fact I'll admit to being a little obsessed with the stuff and although I don't eat as much of it as I would like anymore (the old metabolism isn't quite what it used to be) I could still happily walk around Hotel Chocolat for an hour just dreaming. However, I had mixed feelings before I went to the chocolate making night because I couldn't see it being a 'fun' thing to do. HOW WRONG WAS I? Well, i'll tell you I was VERY wrong!



Chocochinos is just down from the Distillery on the Barbican and a small chocolatier come coffee shop although they do chocolate cream teas rather than your standard ones! The evening started with a chocolate fondue, bowls of warm white, dark and milk chocolate with strawberries, cake, oranges, marshmallows and the like and a great chance to catch up on everything with the girls as we waited for everyone to arrive......I was very happy waiting. Then we went off in two groups. I didn't take any pictures of the chocolate making as I was far too busy trying to impress with my amazing chocolate skills and auditioning for a job because who needs teaching when they can work in a chocolate shop eh?




The shop was full of giggles and chatter and it was such a nice evening. Before I went, I had no idea how much we would actually be doing but three hours later we'd made about 30 chocolates each and I also made 10 lollies. And there was me saying to Freya that I would only save her a chocolate if I made more than four....so do i lie and hide them or share? LOL. Actually, I made several lollies for the kids and a big one in the shape of a treble clef for Freya...not the neatest looking treble clef mind you but I bet it's the tastiest!


The only downside to the night was listening to some of the girls talking excitedly about flying out to meet the guys next weekend. Not easy to be happy for them when you want to be going to. Hearing from Pete is going to be hard enough when they get into port, but knowing he's there for 10 days and I could be there is going to be a horrible so just hoping I can hold it together for the next couple of weeks. Of course, unless anyone wants to come and look after my kids for a week for me so I can go.........anyone?


But anyway......I would recommend this chocolate night to anyone, great idea for hen nights and other girly nights out...not sure what the minimum number was but at £30 a head it sounds expensive until you realise what you come home with! The staff were wonderful and provided drinks of the soft or hot variety throughout but you could take your own alcohol. With the boat away for another five months before the end of the year I'm hoping we can arrange another little visit......don't tell the kids, but it beat Butlins hands down!

No comments: