9 May 2007

Have you done a challenge yet?

Have you? No entries so far for the May challenge....is this stash going to waste? Can promise you a bumper bag of goodies this month, including some lush BG papers for the winning entry. If you haven't yet checked out the challenge click on it on the top right of my blog to take you straight to the details.

Quietish day yesterday, still trying to recover the house from leaving Pete in charge for a night and a half with two very poorly kids, washing machine still hasn't stopped. Did finish my Maze book from the Alison Doherty class from the weekend. I love these little Maze books and they're so simple to make. Alisons incorporated tags in the pockets and instead of a ribbon closure, it was bound just like a little book with regular covers.

We used the gorgeous Autumn Leaves foofala papers and they were stunning. Also the lushest velvet papers, soooo strokeable which we used to make the daisies. I filled mine with pics of the ickle ones having fun painting in the half built conservatory making a hideous mess. Don't know about you, but i'm certainly NO Martha Stewart. My house definately looks like there are 4 kids living here. I could run myself into an early grave trying to make sure everything is always spick and span but i don't. Instead i choose to enjoy my time. I do what i need to do and the rest of the time i enjoy at home. When you look back on your childhood do you think about how tidy your house was...or do you think about the time you used to play and be happy and enjoy childhood? I'd rather sit and glue stuff with the kids than wash the kitchen floor, read a book rather than iron a mountain of clothes. And you know what...I don't care!

3 comments:

Sarah Youde said...

No, can't agree with you there Terrie lol. I have to have a clean and tidy house or I can't relax. I don't do it with the kids around though so they don't miss out on Mummy time and love it that they know where all their toys are!

Tracie H said...

Well you saw my house! Its never that tidy! I used to be a cleanaholic and my house was always clean to the extent it was almost sterile! Concerned by my obsession with cleaning, Hubs Gran asked me ...will your children remember the dust?
I havent cleaned so much since she reminded me that the kids need a Mom more than they do a ultra tidy house! Well thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!
LOL!
T.x.
love the maze book BTW...I made mine yesterday....just need to finish it off!

Micayla said...

Dont fret about the little things in life like a tidy house! I know that I dont!
Fab mini book, I love the blossom on the front!