15 May 2007

So much creativity it makes my brain hurt!

Been trying to surround myself with loads of inspiration over the past few days, even spent hours (literally) gazing at many of my papers and thinking! Of course no one in the family understands that this staring as though in some kind of catatonic state doesn't mean that i'm doing nothing. I've found some fabby blogs on my travels though and this one, although new, looks really promising. It's an Aussie site which sells kits (unfortunately doesn't seem to ship worldwide though) but they have sketches and projects that look great. So check out the zest blog, it's well worth it.

Been having a major tidy here in the house since Pete went back although i've already started his next 'to do' list for when he's back. The play room is gradually coming together although my enthusiasm for it has wavered since i started scrapbooking as i can't stop dreaming of it as a lovely light and airy (even have air con in there) scraproom. Trouble is i think social services would become involved if i turfed out my kids now, oh well, just another 16 years to go...fingers crossed.
Talking of kids, last night was a 'baking' night for them, emily was dying to make flapjack (a firm fave amongst the girls) and as i was hunting the aisles for some ingredients for a carrot cake which i'm making for the plymouth crop tomorrow night i came across some dalek cookies biscuit mix. Well Freya is a Dr Who nut (and we're talking nut in every sense of the word) so that box ended up in the trolly too and Freya made those. Meant that the kitchen was covered in flour and goo but they had a good time.


As for Natasha, her food of choice was Aunt Bessies Yorkie puds....STILL FROZEN! She was in tears when i dragged her away (after the photo opportunity of course). I'm determined to try and improve my photography which is dire. I can appreciate good photography but just can't replicate it. I don't have the luxury of a DSLR or whatever it's called so have to rely on my digi camera point and click, it is a 6megapixell so it's not too bad but my skills just don't match up. Read a good article yesterday on 'catchlights' on Two Peas website and would love to take pics like this as the eyes seem to sparkle. I have learnt how to add a little sparkle to some pics in Photoshop Elements but i really want to learn more. One of the girls in my UKS Team is taking the new Open University Photography course so i'm waiting to hear the feedback on that. I'm not sure whether or not it will be relevant if i only have a point and shoot.

On the downside, i've been really teary the last couple of days. No idea why, could be that i've given up smoking and feeling the pressure a bit but it's a horrible feeling to come over all teary especially during the day when the kids are around. So anyhow, i'll be back later tonight to let you see the goodies you could be winning in this months 'scrap it' challenge. Don't forget, if you give it a go there is a good chance of winning. X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya hun :o) Sorry I've not commented in a while. Time is going stupidly fast and I still have a mountain of uni work still left to do! :o(

Well done on quitting smoking! Keep up the good work :o) xxx