2 Feb 2012

Day 1

Feeling really ready for this today. Had a chinese  take away late last night which left me bloated and knowing exactly WHY I want to be doing this. Had some time this morning to get stuff ready for the day so once the kids were packed off to school that's what I did.

Breakfast
Kick started with a nice fruit salad made with strawberries, kiwi, apple and grapes. Having with a Muller Light, but one of the Vanilla ones with the chocolate sprinkles with Black Cherry underlayer. I know these aren't the free ones but they were on offer and at only 1.5 syns I'm happy with that.


I do like fruit salad as it's nice and light. I don't however, eat it straight away after I prepare it. I prefer to sprinkle with a little sweetner and let it sit out for an hour or so til it's at room temperature and the juices from the berries start to ooze out into the rest of the bowl. Tastes much better.

Lunch
I do like a nice soup. One I can make and freeze preferably and when you can make one that tastes lush, freezes well AND is simple and cheap to make then all the better. So this morning I've made this Carrot & Fresh Coriander Soup which is bloody delicious. I made a double size batch to freeze some but to be honest, I don't think it'll last that long. In fact, I'm thinking of making another batch tonight but adding a little ground cumin to it to give it a bit of a kick.


So this is my pan with just over a litre and half of soup! I'll reheat it for lunch and have a little fresh coriander on top and team it with a wholemeal roll. Obviously the recipe says to use vegetable oil, just swap for Fry Light. Mine doesn't look quite as thick as the one in the recipes photo but if you want it thicker I'm sure it would reduce more if you let it boil a bit longer with the lid off to reduce the stock some more.

Dinner
I've done all my prep for dinner as I'm working late tonight so stir fry for me is perfect as it only takes a few minutes. I'm going to have a Chicken stir fry. This is where it's easy to get plenty of vegetables into the plan to ensure you're eating enough speed foods.

I'll be using the Fry Light Wok spray with spring onions, red chilli, lemon grass and ginger. Then add thinly sliced chicken (or whatever you prefer). Once the chicken is seared add your veg. I've got mixed mushrooms, pak choi, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and red peppers. I'll use light soy sauce and a bit of fish sauce so that it's syn free but you'll be surprised at how low some of the stir fry sauces can be with regards to syns. Teriyaki is full of flavour and not as high in syns as you may think.

So how does it feel?
To be back on this today feels pretty good. I had actually got to the stage where I was feeling so lethargic and couldn't wait to stop feeling so shit. I'm not a big syn eater. I tend to try NOT to snack on the naughty stuff for my syns as for me personally, it's a slippery slope. Until I can start feeling results, it would be too easy for one packet of quavers to turn into four so for the time being, it's not something I want to use for snacks. I prefer to use syns wisely to make my normal meals not feel like diet food. So I'll use them on a little mayo, or low fat spread, honey, oil or stir fry sauces. For the moment, deserts are off the eating plan for me.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hi,

Nice blog, Thanks for letting me know where to find it. I dont like to use my syns either. Although I do try to just because I should.

I kind of feel that I didn't eat all that before being on a diet so not sure why I have to now.

My problem as always I have eaten the wrong foods. Or I should say the too much of the wrong foods. haha

Again, thanks for inviting me to read your blog.

-Steve.
imbloggingit.com

Terrie Farrell said...

Cheers Steve, let's hope I stick it out. My hubby is doing this too so there are plenty of other men out there!