12 Feb 2012

Day 6 Food diary

It's doubtful that I'm going to be able to fill this in every single day although I'll do most days so will skip my two crappy days where following the chinese I went a bit barking. Friday was rushing from one thing to another and by 7pm after I finished working I hadn't eaten all day so my diet for the day consisted of two bags of crisps and 4 jaffa cakes rammed down my throat before I went to bed! Not ideal.

I was however, an absolute angel yesterday. Almost made a bit of a mistake with adding cheese to my jacket potato when I'd already had my milk allowance as my HE A for breakfast but then switched from doing an Extra Easy day to a green day and then adjusted my portions of dinner. So here's day 6

Breakfast
Bran flakes & Milk (HE A & HE B)

Snack
Strawberries, blueberries, apple and grape fruit salad with fat free vanilla yogurt.

Lunch
Jacket potato, baked beans and lower fat chedder (HE A) with 1 tsp of Clover Lighter (1 syn)

Dinner
Diet Coke chicken (HE B) with Rice with an apple for after

There are loads of recipes out there for the diet coke chicken and when I made it for the first time a couple weeks back I realised it has a slight sweet n sour taste so this time round I added soy sauce rather than worcestershire and added a load of chinese five spice. I also cooked it for much longer so that it really thickened the sauce. I had to weigh out the chicken for mine to 70g as I'd had 2 'a' choices during the day but to be honest, it was enough for me anyway and I even had left overs.

Felt really good to have a great day on plan yesterday. Whilst I did dinner, the rest of the tribe had a movie night in the front room watching Smurfs 3D and I supplied them with the regulation popcorn, ice cream and hot chocolate and didn't even feel like I was seeing myself off. So I'm passed the 'woe is me' stage and onto the 'I know how shit I feel emotionally and physically when I eat crap til I burst' stage....that's always a help.

I even resisted when the kids made oatmeal cookies and gingerbread men yesterday. Mind you, with the decorations they put on it.....do you blame me?

Pete stayed on plan yesterday too and he's promised to not give in to any lapses of will power. Hope he means that cos tomorrow I tackle the smoking once again. He stopped smoking about 4 months ago now and I'm really proud of him. It's the longest he's ever gone and I really think he's cracked it this time especially as he didn't lapse during the christmas period.

I was going to go back to group tomorrow but finance wise, looks like it won't now be until next week after my payday as I've just paid the balance of our summer holiday. That's the main focus. I want to be at final target weight by then although still haven't decided exactly what that will be. Probably 9 stone but we'll see how I look and feel a little nearer the time.

So, all in all feeling good. Spurs had an emphatic win yesterday. Probably the most comfortable we've looked in a game all season. Everton beat Chelsea so Pete was in a good mood too, plus his result also did me a favour what with Liverpool losing too.

The Suarez saga continues.......yesterdays' refusal of hands just showed what a complete prick the guy is and the after match interview that Dalglish did with Jeff Shreeve yesterday was cringe worthy. I really can't see how any of this debacle can be justified.

So tomorrow is the start of half term. No work meeting to scamper around to luckily, just a conference call at lunch time but as I don't want to work next weekend I'm going to be going some to get enough hours through the week with the kids at home. They're in nursery on Tuesday and Thursday so I guess that's when I'll have to get most of my work done. Got a party to go to next Saturday and drink will be particularly cheap so I'm going to have to be a saint all this week so I can let my hair down next weekend. Vodka and diet coke to keep the syn count down although I don't think I'll be able to entice Pete off the cider. Then again, if we're up to our normal tricks we'll dance off those syns before we pass out so here's hoping for a good night.

No comments: