6 Oct 2008

BLOODY HELL!

Honestly that's all I could think when I checked out the Honour List for the Bad Girls Top Designer. I thought I was really fortunate to get through last week but thought I was definately a gonner this week. I know people who do these things often say, 'Wow I didn't think I'd get through' when they really have an inkling, but I can honestly say, that to get through to the last 50 is a big big shock. I've mentioned before that I think most of the entrants on there (and this is most certainly true now) are on Design Teams or teach and things. And then theres little ol' me. No DT, never been published and here I am on Class Five!


It's certainly been a confidence boost, especially after I've only recently been scrapping again. So knowing the next cut will be about half again, I've pulled my finger out my arse and started this weeks class. This week class is presented by Heidi Sonboul and is concerned with Colour Psychology. Very interesting and develops a little further from the brieft mention about colour in the first class. I've chosen my photo, papers and some of my embellishments and now i'm covered in paint and am tinkering with all the elements getting the balance and stuff the way I want it.


So today I've been busy scrapping, tomorrow it's more the same and then I've got to take Emily to a birthday party after school. It's a friend of hers birthday..... a boy......what do you buy for boys cos I have absolutely NO idea! I'm useless with the male species, even my nephew tends to get money of gift vouchers! This week luckily is a little quieter than last week, or at least it hopes to be. Oh and I haven't quite given up the smoking yet, that's going to be as soon as I've organised my gym induction.....any bloody excuse eh?

3 comments:

Sarah Youde said...

You can't go wrong if you get him some Ben 10 stuff, they all love Ben 10 at the moment ")

Sarah said...

Hello!! Congratulations on your scrapping success.

How's the hair thing going?! I tried straightening for a while but I'm way too lazy to do that everyday (and I don't think my hair is anyway near as curly as yours) - hope you're going to post a photo showing your new look :)

Sarah said...

Forgot to say....your girls will be on the phone to Childline when they realise you've posted those photos on the internet!!!!!