11 Oct 2008

It's been a hectic, but enjoyable week so far and there's still so much to do over the weekend. One thing that wasn't enjoyable was the amount of sick cleaning I had to do at the start of the week. I'd already not felt too well last Saturday, but then Freya and Natasha came down with some sort of stomach but. Freya moaned and whinged but wasn't sick, Natasha ran around like the loony she is, seemed fine, went to bed, sicked up all over herself and the bed and then went back to sleep. No noise...nothing. Infact, when I saw what had happened and raised her from her slumber to strip off the jammies and bedding, I was met with the most evil look as if to say, 'Bloody hell mum i just want to sleep!'.

I've been working hard on my Bad Girls entry, although i'm getting more and more scared to upload after looking at what's been submitted so far over there. I think i've definately come to the end of the road on it and can't see me making the last class but hey, it's been a great ride. I'm going to finish it all and assemble it tonight whilst I watch the England match.


Thursday morning was Emily's Harvest Festival Service. We shuffled off to church to watch her perform 'Jingle Jangle Scarecrow' and you could see how chuffed she was to see us there watching her. Unfortunately, wherever we sat there were bloody great big columns obstructing our view so I couldn't get any photos of her. Then it was off to town to prepare for the upcoming rush of birthdays. I spied a bike for Emilys next month, and picked up a scooter and a skateboard / scooter to put away for Xmas too. The main thing I had to get was Natashas birthday present which is in two weeks time. She's been trying to get on Emily's bike which is much too big for her, so she now has a Dora the Explorer bike, hiding in her sisters room until the big day. It's such a shame that Pete will miss her birthday.

Hers is just before Halloween which we make a big fuss of in the house. Well, me and the kids do anyway, this will be the third on the trot that Pete has missed. We have more Halloween decorations than Xmas ones I think! I couldn't resist picking this tealight holder up Waitrose last night. It's gorgeous, in a spooky kind of way! We're having a little Halloween bash the following day but this year at my sisters in her new house. I'll still end up decorating the house though!

Thursday evening (not Tuesday as i thought!), Emily had a friends birthday party to attend. She rushed home from School to get changed and pick up her present (thanks Sarah, the Ben 10 thing I bought went down a treat) and write out her card. As we got to the car to set off, I grabbed my camera. My girls rarely look like little girls, more like scruffy, filth covered monsters.....so I just had to capture a few pics of Emily looking almost angelic....to top it all off, she actually stared right at the camera....a rarity to be honest.

I finally got to pay a visit to Totally Crafty in Plymouth. BAD IDEA! We used to have a craft shop in Saltash but it closed many moons ago, not that it was a scrappers delight anyway. I have always bought my supplies online but having been a good girl and bought nothing but my kits really for the past 12 months, I thought I could trust myself to have a beakers inside. It's much bigger than I thought it would be and I've got to say it was nice to look around. I bought a few titbits but then spied some papers which caught my eye. Now i'm in no ways a papermania girl but I've got to say that these Xmas bits really caught my eye. The papers aren't the thickest in the world, but i'm a sucker for hot pinks teamed with browns and green. They should make me some great cards. I loved that they did some transparency sheets aswell, so I'm going to be getting my Xmas cards done before the month is out.

Well, I was going to do the HSMS prompt today which would have been self portrait day, however, the new site is now up and running as HSMSHS (yup confusing!) and for a change it is pet portraits and although our bunny Toffee, is currently running around in the run in the garden, I'm up to my eyes in it to be honest as I've only got half an hour til i have to take Freya to stagecoach so will have to add that in later!

It's such a gorgeous day here today. The sun is baking hot so the heating has been turned off and all the doors and windows reopened. We started the day with some scrummy pancakes and fruit, smoothered in maple syrup. I do love a nice pancake stack, unfortunately my ass doesn't! I still have a ton of batter mix left over so I guess it'll be the same tomorrow morning. Driving over Tamar Bridge just now, all the yachts are out and loads are moored up for pub lunches. If it stays like this tomorrow, I think that's what we'll be doing. Nothing like sitting by the sea with a steak and ale pie, a half of cider and watching the boats go up and down the Tamar.

No comments: