12 Oct 2008

Coming down....

.....with flu most likely. I've felt a little rough the past couple of days but as a heavy smoker, I put it down to my thrice yearly lung purge that I always seem to get. However, last night it took a turn for the worst and I now feel that build up in my throat so I'm hoping for an early night tonight, although there's some scrapping that I want to do so I doubt that I'll end up with some rest.

I spent the night finishing my Bad Girls layout. What a palaver, first the fuse blew the lights in the kitchen. The switch box is high on the wall on the opposite side of the kitchen table. After clambering over the table in the dark, I turned the lights back on to find that I'd knocked over my bottle of Coke onto the layout so then had to start from scratch and this was at around 10.30.
I still had scraps of the paper I'd used but not as much as was in the original layout as I had more of the hand cut circle flowers on the original but had to make do with what I had. I did think maybe the coke would dry by the morning and possibly have given it an antiquated look! However, I didn't want to take the chance LOL!
I had this week purchased the Basic Grey file tool kit as I was desperate for one of those little circular files for when you cover chipboard in paper. It's not my forte. I look at layouts where they have paper covered chipboard and the results are stunning, however, mine always look really ragged! I think I managed a better job with the files but still, I'm not entirely happy with my technique for this so i'm hoping an 'expert' can help me out with that one.

Well, Emily and Freya have gone swimming with my mum, leaving me, Natasha and a Snowdonia sized pile of ironing. So that's my afternoon sorted! The sun is still shining and it's a gorgeous day out there but I just can't face it with my chest the way it is. Oh well, maybe the sun will last a little longer.

No comments: