5 Oct 2008

Going Straight

I'm still not quite ready for my close up (Mr Demille) but last night I showed off a radical new hair style. I didn't go to the hairdressers on Friday after all as I really needed to catch up on some sleep but that's been rebooked for this Friday instead. No, instead, I wrestled for the first time with hair straightners. My fringe just would not do anything but stick straight up in the air in a weird 'There's Something About Mary' moment and I remembered that I'd bought a pair of hair straightners a couple years ago that were hidden around the house somewhere so i'd use them. Then i decided to try my hair straight.

I have had straight hair before but always when it's been really short, something I only used to do when I hadn't been to the hairdressers in a while and had 16 inch long hair but with 10inches of split ends. So i'd walk in and just say, 'cut the lot off' and deal with having straight hair for a couple months before going wild and curly again. Well last night it was long AND straight and everyone seemed to like it. So now I'm having a dilema as to whether or not I should stick with it for a while (although I doubt I'll be doing an hour of straightening every day so I'll stick with the hat most days) or to have a new perm.....decisions, decisions.....especially as Pete really likes me with curly hair, but then he's never seen it straight and long.....bloody hell I sound like such a GIRL!!!!!



So I've uploaded my Bad Girls entry for Class Four. This was a major rush job. I'd dug out the papers and embellies that I was going to use on Friday but not had a chance to work on it since then. I'd printed out my photos too. However, Friday night was party night next door and then I was out on the beer (with my new straight hair) last night and as I had a wonderful lie in this morning at my mums, I didn't get home til gone 1 with nothing done on it! Panic stations! Well, I'd bought the girls back some of those dummy lollies with the silly mouths on and took some photos of them. So at the last minute I decided to print some of these off as the colours seemed to work well with the papers. It was gone 2ish by the time I actually started, so I was really pleased that I managed to finish it, be happy with it, photo it and get it uploaded with an hour to spare before deadline. I really must try to start it earlier though!


The top paper is from Autumn Leaves as are the buttons. The pale pink paper used for the embellishment on the right was of the photo block (the little circular one) is Fancy Pants I believe, however, these were just some paper scraps I had laying around so don't quote me on that. A bit of Doodlebug bling, some junkitz letter stickers backed with more Autumn Leaves paper and some hand journalling. Oh and the big layered flower on the left is a Prima Flower from one of the last few Bad Girls kits. I love these and I just added a button on top and a bit of bling on top of that.

Do you think I added enough butons??????!!!!!! Just thought after last weeks uncluttered and simple layout I could go a little mental! Well the girls are all in the shit at the moment through not doing as they're told and wrecking the front room. The last straw came when i found writing on the wall and the guilty party was obviously passing the buck.......lets face it Emily, Freya is too old to be writing on the wall and Natasha can't co-ordinate felt tip kisses! So banishing the girls upstairs gave me the opportunity to get on with the layout and also calm myself down as it's the first major blow up I've had for a couple weeks. If I just keep looking at the photos of them then I'll just think nice thoughts right?

Well that's the plan anyway! I had a great night last night even though it didn't quite go to plan. After cancelling my night out last week, I was expecting it just to be me and Roz out for a boogie. However, just before we left, Liam called to say he'd be there so I was expecting an uncrowded threesome. Then some of the other guys I used to work with turned up. And then I met up with two ex school chums, one of whom was my first crush at Primary School! I must admit, I'm a right one for reminiscing of the past, ex teachers, pupils, jolly and not so jolly scrapes that I used to find myself in! I also bumped into another two old friends both out with seperate parties of friends. On the down side, I felt ill from the moment I jumped into the cab to get there. Probably something I'd eaten, or rather hadn't as I haven't really been eating much apart from the odd bit of crap off the kids plates or rubbish snack food on the go. Think it finally caught up with me. So this weeks aim is to eat much better. I've promised myself not to buy any more ciggies after the last 23 I have in the house at the moment (which will onlyprobably last me through til tomorrow morning anyway if truth be told). With the savings on that I'm back at the gym next week.......and if I don't lose at least a stone before Xmas I need a good whacking!

No comments: