29 Sept 2008

Her Space My Space

Well as I've neglected the photo side of things for a while, I decided to try to get back into doing the daily prompt on her space my space. The prompt today is 'Landmark'. Well, not able to go out shooting tonight so i've had to pull something from the archive.



This is the Statue of Atlas, outside the Rockerfella Centre in New York. I was really pleased how this photo came out, especially with a bog standard point and shoot and also because I really didn't have a clue at this stage how to use a camera at all! Another reminder of my honeymoon means I'll probably spend the night wallowing in self pity about Pete being away ....... only about a month to go though.

Absolutely thrilled to find I'm through to class 4 over on Bad Girls, especially seeing as it's down to about 90 girls now. This weeks class is concerned with creating unity, harmony, balance and texture through the use of embellishments. I think this is the hardest, or at least the most in depth class so far so it remains to be seen how I'll fair at this challenge, especially as i have a pretty hectic weekend coming up.


I was supposed to be going out for my birthday last weekend but that had to be postponed as I wasn't really up to it, but I'm going out this Saturday instead, plus I've just received an invite for my neighbours 50th on Friday so really I have to get cracking on this assignment tonight. If nothing else I'm going to get all the bits together that I want to use.


I've been toying with the idea of a new hair do for ages now. The grey is getting a little out of hand which is prompting me to consider going blonde again. I tried really dark brown but the grey is more obvious. I feel like a complete change and wondered about having a fringe for the first time in about 15 years! Unsure what it would look like I sat in front of the mirror last night, trying desperately to fold the approximately 14 inches of hair at the front of my head to get an idea as to whether or not it would suit me. Didn't work.....either i couldn't see because my hand was in the way or I was having to peer over the top of my glasses to get the angle right. Most sensible people would have probably put their contacts in and undergripped their hair to weigh up the pros and cons of a drastic new hairstyle.....oh no, not me.....grabbed a pair of craft scissors and just lopped off the front of my hair!


My confidence was dented this morning ever so slightly when Emily, in all her 4 year old innocence, came into the bathroom, looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face and said, 'What's wrong with your hair mum?'. Ummmmmmm. A fringe would hide my exceedingly crooked hairline, however, when you don't have a natural fringe fall, a double crown, and a cow's lick on one side of your hair.....it's going to need some taming. I guess that's why I've always stuck with curly and unruly.....Pete always says he likes my hair best when it looks like i've been dragged through a hedge backwards......says it's that post sex 'ruffled' look or something!?

So anyhow, I have booked a hair appointment for Friday lunch time. I know what will happen, it happens about every three years. I walk into a salon, they ask me 'what do you want done' and I just say, ' blank canvas, do what you want as long as it's not straight!'. I could be pink with a mullet this time on Saturday night.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

You did really well, it's a great photo :o)

Pauline said...

You did really well, it's a great photo :o)

Igotmebabe said...

A lovely shot and a nice memory :)
Good luck with the new hairdo,hope it goes well :)
Janette

CHEERpy TALK said...

wonderful take on the prompt

Unknown said...

Well done on the Bad girls thing..looking forward to seeing your new pink do..lol.
Lx