10 Sept 2008

An almost empty house......



By 9am I was in my living room, staring at Natasha and trying to make head or tail of the quietness........ok, so it didn't last long as Tash can very easily make the noise of at least four or five toddlers, but just for a moment.......

Em couldn't wait to get into her uniform this morning and stick her oar in when I was making her first ever packed lunch. I'd let her pick out her own lunch box and she had to pick the only 'tin' one there didn't she. Yup looks lovely and far nicer than a plastic one but you just know that it will be dented with all the paint scratched off by half term, if not before. Ham sandwich, yogurt, a bowl of strawberries and a rice cake.....exactly the same as Freya apart from sliced peppers which Emily hates. So she was wearnig a uniform and having a lunch just like her big sister and you could tell she was happy about it.


There were lots of 'come on mum's' on the walk to school. She went into the classroom, found her peg, handed in her book bag, put her lunch away and then went and sat in front of teacher on the floor as if she'd done it before. I did have a wee smile on my face as I left. No tears from either her or myself. I guess you could say that both of us were really needed this day. I think Emily has needed school for a while now and I need a little more peace!


By the time we picked her up, her shoes were scuffed, trousers under the back of her shoes and worn, crutch of trousers covered in yogurt and a nice big unidentifiable stain on her jumper! So the uniform is in the wash after day one. Now I'm thinking how stupid of me to only have bought one sweatshirt.

It seems I may get a call from Pete in the next couple of days....unexpected to say the least, but most welcome. It's been 10 days since he went and luckily I'm still quite chipper. Throwing myself into other things anyway. I'm going to settle down now to watch the England match and play with some papers for the first Bad Girls design class. The first one is on layering and it's something that I've tried to do a lot more of recently so I'm attacking this one with gusto.

Will leave with one photo of Natasha that I took today before it gets a little 'Emily heavy!'.

No comments: