23 Sept 2008

I made class 3!

So chuffed to have got through to the next round at Bad Girls, about 40 people were cut out this time round so I know I'm lucky to have made it through especially when you have a look at what everyone has created in the gallery. There are quite a lot of entrants who are on DT's so the competition is very fierce and I think I'll probably get cut on the next round but I've learnt so many things about balancing pages in the first three classes that I'll be carrying on regardless.

Class three is by Sri Sams and is all about the use of white space and the less is more approach. More great tips about tying a layout together so do check the classes out if you haven't already, don't forget it doesn't cost a penny.

The girls all had a great time at the park on Sunday afternoon. I grabbed my camera and made the most of some nice natural sunlight which has been a bit of a rarity lately. Our local park has really undergone a miraculous make-over in the past 12 months. Before there was just a crappy slide and 2 swings and they were even so far away from each other...down one path, out one gate, around another! One thing about living in a fast growing town is that the kids facilities don't seem to keep up with the pace of development.


Finally though we do have a decent park with a football and basketball court to one side and a tennis court to the other. The park itself has some great little features and the girls really love it so I don't have to go for a seven mile drive now into Plymouth just for a few hours in the park.


I took a ton of photos so I'll share more tomorrow as I know family will want to see a few more but just didn't want to overload everything..........can't wait to show you my photo of a ghost whizzing around the park......(lets just say I overdid it a bit too much with an excessively long exposure!).


This bucket swing has to be the girls favourite though. Especially Natasha as at one stage she laid back and was on the verge of drifting off to sleep.......truly, when that girl is tired she can sleep just about anywhere. I managed to get a few pics of all the girls in the same spot. This doesn't happen very often as usually they are all chasing each other, running away from each other or just off doing other things. As for a posed 'together' shot, well you can see my problem.....can never get them to look in the right direction!

I love these little flowers which are dotted around there. You can speak into one at one end of the park and have a conversation with someone at the other end of the park, although trying to get the girls to synchonise when they talk and when they listen is another thing entirely. Oh, and don't ask me what's going on with the sky in this photo, I swear i haven't done anything to it, but the colour is really wierd......
So following on from the park we went to Burger King and stuffed ourselves with half a cow, literally in Freya's case. Not knowing quite how big an XL Bacon double cheeseburger was we ordered one each.....they were almost as big as our heads. Freya finished her meal, then ate about a quarter of my burger, finished off a few of my fries, Emilys fries and then Natashas drink. Bloody hell that girl can eat.

I didn't get round to scrapping last night, I'd bought the latest expansion pack for Sims 2 and once I'd installed it, the temptation was just too much. So tonight i'm going to work on my layout for class three and get it uploaded in plenty of time as it's going to be a busy week. It's my birthday tomorrow, which I share with Pete. I just wish I could say happy birthday to him, especially considering that it's his 40th. So to cheer myself up and make sure I don't mope around, I am off for a boozy night out on Saturday, my first in god knows how long and I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway, have a great day everyone and i'll be back tomorrow with some more photos and hopefully my layout.

No comments: