12 Sept 2008

It's starting to dawn on me......

.....about Pete being away. Yesterday was a bit emotional. With the anniversary of 9/11, I watched a couple of documetaries and I remember that day so vividly and watched in horror the live news on BBCNews 24. For me, the scariest and most brutal images were of those people who jumped to their death......the thought scares me even now. Thinking of New York made me think of Pete and our Honeymoon.


Although Pete had been before 9/11 and visited the Twin Towers, I hadn't. We were there less than 18 months after and going to ground zero was still a very eery experience. I looked back over our honeymoon photos and then started missing Pete more. Thing is if i don't think about him, I can kind of block it out. Sounds a horrible way to deal with it but it works for me. I just act like a single mum and get on with it.

I had hoped for a phone call but it looks like that won't be happening now. So by the time I speak to him, nine weeks will have passed and he should be about to fly back to the UK.

So tonight i'm gonna hit the scrapping as I'm trying to get a layout done for the first design class over at Bad Girls and I haven't made a start yet. On the up side, this is one that I finished on Monday although i'm not greatly happy with it. Oh well, maybe I'll have more luck tonight!

No comments: