2 Sept 2008

And it's all gone wrong again!

Well I should have taken it as a sign, on the day Pete was supposed to have sailed and didn't last Thursday, the toilet backed up. The toilet didn't back up this morning, but we have a bathroom flood as natasha turned on the tap and left it running in the sink. The water is now dripping through the ceiling in the kitchen and I'm taking a break from the clean up operation to take a deep breath. This is the second time it's happened in the space of about two years. Luckily this time it doesn't look as bad and at least the ceiling (which all had to be redone after the last time) isn't bulging plaster this time so I've opened all the windows and doors, mopped up all that I can and now I just have to keep my fingers crossed. Doesn't help that we have a carpeted bathroom floor.

One saving grace is that last time this happened I'd be up scrapping til the wee hours and had left all my stuff on the dining table, directly under where all the water came through and lost a lot of stuff that I then stupidly forgot to claim for on the insurance. Although I was up last night, after learning from the last time I now clear the table at nights and the only thing I leave out is my whopping great craft mat. And now I have to drop the Bongo in for it's MOT, so the day could possibly get worse yet........watch this space!

No comments: