14 Sept 2008





Well I didn't get my butt into gear with this layout til last night and even then, after an hour and a half of staring, moving, readjusting, pulling everything out and putting everything away again.....I still hadn't gotten very far with it.


Well, it's my entry for the 1st class over at the Bad Girls Designer 2008 which has to be uploaded by 6pm today which meant in effect that I would need to get it completed this morning. Not the easiest thing to do on a Sunday when all the kids are running around like lunatics and I'm trying to wrestle prima bling out of the hands of my two year old. I did however, manage to refrain from stabbing them all with the vast array of sharp instruments immediately at my disposal; and as Gordon Ramsey would say.......DONE!

If you haven't gotten over to do the classes yet, registration has finished for the competition itself, but the classes are still live and free to all. If the next class (which goes up tomorrow) is anything like this one then I'm sure you'll enjoy it and learn something new. Class 1 was by Cari Fennell and was focused on layering.


It's certainly something that I've been doing more of lately, really inspired by the galleries over on the forum. Most of the stuff on the layouts has come from previous Bad Girls kits. I just love the chipboard tree on this.

Yesterday was spent trying to catch up on housework and the like. Although truthfully I didn't get very far. I did get a call from Pete though who was alongside for a few hours to fix a defect with the boat. With them now off again, it'll be another 8 weeks before I hear from him and sometimes it's easier that way.

Well, I'm off to pop some tablets for my stress induced migraine and sort some stash for tomorrows class. I may even have a play around after the girls go to bed tonight if I I've managed to at least clear the playroom out today.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hello!!

Hope today is better, crap not getting a phone call when you expect one (that's why Steven's banned from phoning when he's away!). Can't believe Pete is on his way to the Seychelles. Meanwhile Steven is spending the week in a luxury hotel in Switzerland - how the other halves live eh?!