21 Sept 2008

Class Two - DONE!





Managed not to have to run around this morning finishing off my layout for class 2 at Bad Girls. In fact, I was done by midnight and only had to do the photos this morning to upload and that's completed and over in the gallery. The principles of the class were concerned with mixing patterns and using colour from your photos as the basis.

It was pretty obvious that the colours to pick out would be pink and blue for Freya's dress and her eyes. The background of the photos were a sort of beige which i thought would also lend a little neutral to the quite dominant shades of pink and blue. The ledger paper I found also had a blue trim....BONUS!

So then it was onto picking out the papers and bloody hell was THAT hard work. Going through six pizza boxes of random papers was not my idea of fun initially. Especially as I kept getting sidetracked and thinking 'Oh, I forgot I had these' and 'Ah, I could use these on...'. I was lucky enough to find some scraps I could use too. Most of the stash is from previous Bad Girls kits although I think the little heart on a chain came from something the kids had, probably a Bratz doll or something!


I have promised myself that I will start the next class earlier though. Class Three goes live tomorrow at 6pm UK time, so the aim is to have a good housework tidy today and tomorrow daytime and then get busy with the class tomorrow night once the kids are in bed. After having an about an eight month break from scrapping I've realised that I've become a rather slow and dithery scrapper but like all things I guess with a little more practice I'll be up to speed again.

It's been a beautiful weekend down here in Cornwall. The sun has been shining and making everyone feel happy again. Today promises more of the same by the looks of it so i'm going to take the little ones down the park this afternoon to let off some steam. This time I'll take my camera and try and get some much needed new photos as I've sadly not only neglected scrapping but also the camera lately.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: