2 Sept 2008

PM post!

The ceiling has fortunately dried out although the bathroom carpet is still damp. All the windows are open and fortunately it's a lovely day (although we had the meanest downpour which lasted all of five minutes and then buggared off again).

But the joy was short lived after the garage called about the MOT. It's gonna be a couple hundred which we can ill afford at the moment after the nightmare of the corsa....(long story that i REALLY don't want to go into or I may lose the plot completely.) Upside though is that the car should be ready for tomorrow so I can get Emily's school shoes which will then see everything bought and ready for tagging over the weekend.




So I said I was scrapping last night, well I finished this layout which I'm not entirely happy with but if I stare at it anymore I'm likely just to scribble all over it so I'm just going to put it in the album. I can't believe how much Rob has changed in the last six years.....pretty scary that he's now onto doing his GCSE's! The papers are various scraps that i'm using up like a good girl.....Prima paper for the background and the Love Elsie Journalling card were from a Bad Girls kit as was the lace ribbon. The other patterned papers are all Scenic Route. I used the rest of the scraps on the following project.


This Lippy Chick book has been sat in my cupboard for over a year, infact, I have another two in there and I'm going to start another tonight. This one I've done for me and Pete. We've had a pretty hard time the past couple of years and I won't share all that I've done as it's deeply personal but the general gist is that love and marriage is hard bloody work and especially so when you see each other less 4 months a year. But you have to work hard and remember what brought you together in the first place.



Inside the flaps are mostly journalling because there aren't that many photos of us together. I'm starting to get to grips with being in photos now but it's always me behind the camera, really must get some shots of the two of us.....just to prove we do spend SOME time together.


Right off to kick the kids out to play before they glue themselves to the Wii, do a little housework (only a little though) and get my bits and bobs ready for a night of scrapping.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope your carpet has survived ok - bloody sods law, as soon as they walk out the door something always goes wrong :(

I'm not a scrapper (and not going to be) but I have to say some of your creations are gorgeous, you must have so much patience.

I'm assuming Pete's gone ice-fishing if you're not going to hear from him for so long ... I used to prefer that to Steven having little 'holidays' in Florida to be honest but I know it's shit - I'm thinking of you xxx