11 Mar 2007

And life goes on.....

...sometimes too quickly when your kids are barking mad but that's another story entirely. Pete got u to Wigan safe and sound, even on time which i was amazed with as he'd got the train. He went to see his dad today and is glad he did. He felt he's said all he had to say to him. I'm not looking forward to the journey up on Wednesday. I have done the drive before but Pete was with me so i'll end up somewhere between Liverpool and Manchester no doubt. Just hope that the traffic is kind to me, and the weather.

Didn't get a chance to tell you but Emily is going to be wearing glasses. I took her for a check on Thursday and as i thought she is having problems with her sight. Would you believe thought that it's going to be three months before the eye infirmary recheck it and actually do a prescription for her. I've also heard you have to really kick up to get two pairs of glasses rather than one. Its no fun having four kids, a hubby away and then having to drive to another city everytime they need fixing, which i have been assured is often for 3 year old. She's had several pairs of sunglasses in the past and none have lasted more than an hour of the Emily treatment!

I've kept myself busy the last couple of days, done a few layouts with the fantastic modscraps kit which was starting to gather dust as i'd had it a week! I'm really pleased with the way the DLO i did came together as i was trying to get the pics in sequence just like it was a mini film (thanks to cw18 on UKS who stitched the LO together for me- X). Didn't think i'd be that keen on using the overlays but they are so nice. I've got another LO in mind tonight and then i MUST do Freya's birthday card as i've left it a bit late.

She'll be nine tomorrow. Scares the life out of me especially as puberty seems to have kicked in far too early for my liking. She's already had her party so we've just got some family coming over tomorrow for a little birthday tea and cakes and no doubt she'll want to give a little performance on her keyboard.

Big day of football today, especially down here. Thought we'd finally got over the Chelsea jinx earlier, was calling everyone and anyone at half time and then we drew! What is it about Spurs and dropping goals in the second half. Hopefully we'll do them back at the lane. So that was the lunch time kick off and at 6 it's my home team, Plymouth Argyle V Watford. Good chance to go through to the next round i think so fingers crossed for the Green Army. Had a ticket to go but no babysitter unfortunately as they're all going to be there! Oh well, have to look out for them all on the tele! Thats if the kids will let me get away with watching two games in one day. It's alright when Pete is here as we keep them occupied between us, if it's my game on he does dad duty and if one of his games is on (poor Evertonian) i do the motherly bit - ths usually involves chasing the kids out of the living room althogh now we've got the playroom there's a bigger tele in there for them than we have.

No comments: