31 Mar 2007

Lets have a natter

Well it's almost april fools day and no doubt I'll get caught out by something...i can be quite gullible at times if truth be told! Today has been one of those manic days...I told Pete that he was to play mummy all weekend as i've been doing the cyber crop classes on Scrapstars. There have been some great classes on there so far and if you haven't been over there already do have a looky and see. Today i've done a lovely layout based on a class by Angelnorth which was using the craft robo. I had major probs getting the thing to work and when i eventually did it the title was so tattered so i'm not best pleased about it and at one stage i felt like crying! It looks good from a distance though!

The papers and bits i used on the layout, and the following two..were all sent to me in a swap on UKS from the lovely Hilary 78 so a major thank you again. They certainly are bright layouts and the papers that she sent seemed perfect for these 70's photos of me and the other of me and my dad. I love this pic of us together if for nothing else that he is wearing the loudest pink socks ever! I also managed to make a little mini book from a class that wwow did...although i've no idea what i'm going to put in it yet but i think Freya will love it so i'm going to give it to her. I used the Tinkering Ink Perfectly Posh range which is so bright and garish that i can't help but love it! And i still haven't opened my Basic Grey apart from to steal some to give to the lucky recipient of the March Scrap It Challenge. Don't forget that the winner will be announced on the blog tomorrow and a new challenge will go up for the month. Would be nice to see some more entries this month too so tell all your friends and tell them they could win some free stash.

Things have been a little hectic on UKS for me recently. Long story but i am now in a new team called the Yummy Mummys. It's going well and we have a great group of girls involved including two from my old team, Lesley and Liz. Lesley is right on my wavelength and Liz is just a wonderful human being and such a talented scrapper too.

WEll Easter is upon us and i'm getting the urge for a large chocolate egg, bet Pete forgets my egg though....! Freya has gone up north with her dad for the week, Robert has come over to stay for the week and i'm yet to find somewhere where i can ditch the ickle ones who seem to be averse to sleep at the moment!

Finally went round to Sarahs (monroegirl) this week. It was lovely to meet up again now she's back in here home. I love that she's so down to earth and such a friendly person. I also adore her work and it was great to get my mitts on her scrapbooks and see the fine detail that you don't often notice looking at jpegs in galleries.

I also met up briefly with Anna (aka Skippie) who also lives in Plymouth and is wonderfully organising an evening crop on the 18th April. I can't wait to meet other scrappers who i've only come across on UKS. So if you want to come along give Skippie a shout on UKS, the more the merrier and if you haven't scrapped before...why not come along and see what all the fuss is about! Well that's enough for tonight, will be back tomorrow with the name of the winner and the next challenge! Night

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the los terrie the papers go so well with the pics sounds like you have been busy nice that you got to meet up with a couple uks members hope you enjoy the crop too on the 18th