2 Apr 2007

JUST ME


I've been thinking about the 'BOOK OF ME' for ages now and have finally gotten round to starting it. It's very difficult to be the subject of a scrap page rather than the author and it's something that at present i'm not entirely comfortable with. But what has pushed me is knowing how important it is. I have so many old photos where no one knows who they are, where or when they were take, the story behind the picture and it would be so sad to think that i've left the same unanswered questions about me and my life for my grandchildren, great grandchildren etc. So you want to leave a history....but i also want to leave something personal, an insight into my mind (no matter how messed up it often is) an insight into my life, the spectacular and the mundane. My question though is this....do you put dodgy stuff in your BOM? And i don't mean whether you once got lifted for urinating in a public place or what you got up to with the post boy at the office party.... i mean, how much do you open your heart in your BOM. I've always kept a diary. Not religiously kept it but my current one has lasted the past 5 years. It is very very personal but obviously reflects how i feel in a given moment on a given day. In my BOM i aim to think about how and where i've come from, who am i in terms of personality etc but how much do you open your heart in your BOM in comparrison to a diary? Any opinions? Well anyway...here is the first page i did....... and any comments about how you're dealing with your BOM would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Sarah Youde said...

I must do a bom too! That is a great photo of you Terrie!