20 Apr 2007

Funny thing happened yesterday....along with my gorgeous new troll beads from hubby i also recieved a jiffy bag FULL of chocolate. Now at the time i was thinking that it was from one of my teamies on UKS but it's not and no note, only that the person lives in the Hailsham postcode area...now i can't for the life of me work out who it was....so, in the slim chance that said person is reading this.....thanks so much, the kids have helped me eat it so they think it's easter all over again (actually they still have eggs left dotted all around the house). Would love to know who sent it to me!

Stayed up late last night and finished the layout that i'd kind of started at Plymouth Scrappers on Wednesday night. I used the CI Love Struck transparency and for a minute i was really baffled...i absolutely adore this range..but like the new Urban Lily and many other manufacturers lately...the patterns are so bold and beautiful it's quite hard to actually DO anything with them and even when you decide you will it's a case of...well where do i cut? Well i decided that I wouldn't do much with the transparency..there were no obvious places to cut on the first one so i just layed it over a piece of white bazzill and added photo and journalling. The journalling was so tricky though it took me ages. I'd seen this type of journalling done in a magazine article by Jane Dean and decided to give it a go. So hard to write neatly on a transparency though. Then to finish off i just added a couple of the rub ons to the transparency to give it a bit more colour.

The second layout is one that i started last night and finished this morning and this one i'm really pleased with although the pic makes it look a bit washed out. I was originally going to add a mini book but once i added the heart and wing transparency part i just couldn't imagine a book on there. This is one of my fave pics of me and Pete...not very flattering pic of either of us to be honest but it just reminds me of how much fun we had that night.It was a Ladies Night held at the Duke Of Cornwall Hotel in Plymouth. These are formal dinners up to the point where everyones eaten and then just imagine a room full of sailors and wives with far far too much alcohol. Lots of dancing, lots of laughing and on that night we got far more than we bargained for. Pete had bought a load of raffle tickets at the dinner and we made ourselves very unpopular by winning most of the prizes...a bottle of bacardi, bottle of vodka, bottle of really expensive whisky, crystal vase, crate of wine PLUS the top prize of £500 cash which Pete then handed to me and said 'go splurge - you deserve it'! Pity i didn't scrap then cos i would've made good use out of it...but i do smile everytime i wear my Karen Millen coat!

The journalling is taken from some lyrics from the Sugababes 'too lost in you' song. It's one of those songs that if i hear and Pete is away, has me in tears. I've always loved the words and it sums up how i felt when we met and this hard tough exterior that i'd spent 5 years building just disappeared and i became a wibbly wobbly teenager again (although with less spots). Anyway...hope you're all enjoying the sunshine - X

No comments: