12 Apr 2007

slack slack slack!



Yes it's the first update for too long but life here has been manic! The sugababes concert was a great success although i wish someone at the Plymouth Pavillions would sort out the flaming air con which only seemed to come on with burst of 5 seconds every half an hour! It was crazily hot and my mum collapsed!
Luckily i was stood right next to her and felt her go and just about managed to get her before she hit the floor but it did mean that she left with about 4 songs left including a fantastic encore of push the button that had the crowd jumping.

Did a typical 'terrie' thing of leaving the tickets at home! I couldnt find them, then put them safely in my wallet only to leave my wallet on the side as i walked out the door. I picked up my mum...parked the car in Plymouth....even got a ticket for the pay and display and THEN realised my stupid error. So i sent mum off to queue up whilst i drove like a maniac to get home and back with the tickets.

Support acts there were two extremes, one woman who' name i will choose to forget..at first i thought oh it sounds alright...bit bland for my liking and then i noticed that she was miming! That made me furious to be honest, i thought well if you wanna show you can sing then the least you should do at a live concert is blooming sing! Second act were a band called Dragonette who were fab! Even though the sound quality at Pavillions again isn't the best, these guys were great. Mostly from Canada apart from a Brit drummer, they were very No doubt and the singer was very Gwen Steffani but not in an obvious way. I've checked out their website and stuff and look forward to being able to buy their first album. She actually sang on the Basement Jaxx single 'take me home'.

Been very busy getting the new team up and running on UKS. We're the Yummy Mummy's of course cos we are! In my head i'm an 8 stone stunner with glossy locks til i look in the mirror! Of course this means i try not to look in a mirror too often.

Pulled an 'up all nighter' on Thursday evening as i couldn't sleep through dh's snoring. Glad i did cos i did the fabby minibook by Jenni from the Design Collective week one classes...not quite finished it yet as i've had little chance this week and there's 10 layouts to do on it but will show you once i've done it. I'm really enjoying the DC classes, i'm doing things that i would never have done, sometimes something which doesn't look 'your thing' really inspires you once you take the bull by the horns.

Another reason i'm glad i stayed up is that the details of the new impending Cyber Crop went up on UKS. OOOH it looks good, it has an Alice in Wonderland theme which is great as it was one of my most loved books as a kid and i just didn't 'get' the last Harry Potter one even if the classes were great i just didn't get into the concepts and games.

I ended up going to bed at about 10 on Friday morning when Pete got upand then didn't get up til 5pm! No wonder my body clock can't ever keep up with me, my diet coke fuelled insomnia makes it impossible to sleep sometimes. And then when i eventually do...i could sleep for days. Saturday was spent mostly shopping and cleaning as i suddenly had the nesting feeling come over me, either that or i felt guilty that i was hogging the pc whilst pete was trying to fit the skirting in the 'soon to be finished' conservatory.

I certainly made the most of Petes last few days home though, grabbing some lovely long lie ins. He went back to Scotland on Sunday after we'd had a lovely big family dinner with my mum round here. Lovely beef wellington cooked to perfection if i do say so myself. The kids had gorged themselves with as much chocolate as they could lay their hands on and seem to be sick to the back teeth of it all now. That means i have about 30 eggs stuck on top of kitchen cupboards slowly melting in this glorious weather that we're having. We usually still have a stash of eggs left in September in this house.

~WEll that's enough catching up for one post.....check back later tonight though as i'll be putting up a sneaky peak of what you could be winning in this months scrap it challenge. Not many takers so far i'm sad to say so get your thinking cap on cos IT COULD BE YOU! X

No comments: