20 Aug 2008

....and the british summer just keeps on coming...


So it was BBQ time. Organised by the boat as a kind of pre deployment family get together it's a real shame that it was a bit of a wash out. Luckily entertainment had been laid on for the little ones in a small hut on the field which was supplied by a lady doing facepainting and a magician called Emazdad. Freya had the same magician at a party when she was younger and he's definately one of the best in Plymouth. His balloon making was amazing and not a giraffe in sight!


The girls spent most of the time running up and down the bouncy castle slide thingy but now that they're home, Emily is driving me up the wall with her tantrums, seems like they're getting so much worse over the past six months....ummmm, just what I need as Pete goes to sea eh? I am soooo looking forward to September because I'm hoping that she just may HAVE to improve in the discipline stakes. Oh well, parenthood eh?


The last couple of days haven't been great. Emily was sick on Saturday night and then we all came down with it over the past two days. Natasha and Freya were throwing up on Monday night and then me and Pete had the trots. So the last 48 hours have gone by in a daze. The house is upside down and I can't find anything under piles of stuff that need to be dealt with so I'll have to have a real clean tomorrow plus I've got Friday to do some bits and bobs whilst the girls are at nursery. I don't really want to plan too much this weekend as it's Pete's last weekend home.


I did manage to do some scrapping last night though. Finished one layout and have done a load of handcutting for a second one so I'll show those on here tomorrow.

No comments: