27 Aug 2008

Rythmn is gonna get ya....

...well it always gets me anyway...but 'scrapping is gonna get ya' just isn't as catchy as it....hardly rolls off the tongue! Last night I did something that I haven't done in ages....I bought new stash! I had looked into some new stuff over the past few weeks as I've been planning a minibook for Emilys forthcoming first day of school. Daddys not going to be here so i've been instructed to record the whole thing for when he comes back. The papers that I really want are the Smarty range from CI but from a request on UKS It seems that they're not available here yet. The delightful David and brilliant Brenda from Craft Obsessions are going to give me a shout though when they come in which I've been told should be sometime in the next few weeks. Really can't wait to get started on that little project.


I also like a doodlebug range that I've seen but that seems really difficult to get hold of other than some stickers. I did say to Pete, 'What if I'm too busy crying to take photos?'.....he laughed and said 'You'll be running up and down Fore Street (our main street) crying and whooping for joy'.......to be honest he kind of has a point!

She's not been the easiest of girls lately and has suddenly become very whingy and stroppy. I think school is REALLY what she needs right now. I may also have to do a school inspired book for Freya who will be going into her last year at Primary. I thought I could get her something she could take with her and get signed by her friends and teachers when she leaves.

I've always been a Craft Obsessions junkie to be honest. Before I found them, I shopped all over the web for my craft stuff and bloody hell, I did a lot of shopping using the excuse that I was new and needed EVERYTHING! But I've not bought anything new since before Xmas apart from my regular kit so decided to have a wee splurge last night. Not much of what i've ordered is new though to be honest as I've been so out of the loop that I now no longer know what are current ranges and what has been out for a while....thing is....will anyone ever know when they look back at the albums and minibooks...and more importantly....will they even care? I think not!

I wanted to get some Sassafrass Lass papers and also some Love Elsie Toby. Yup I know Toby is ancient now but I won a prize of a Toby album, rub ons and epoxy's and stuff at Scrap Camp last year and wanted to make an album for my nephew but didn't have any of the papers.....don't forget I live in a particularly girlie house!

So I've found two stockists that I haven't used before and whether it was something conspiring against me I don't know.......Bellaboo had a good range of Sassafrass reduced along with some KI Memories papers that I wanted......put in a nice order and then it tells me that I can only collect??? I'm hoping that it's a website problem but I'm waiting for some kind of confirmation from my enquiry. Then I went to A Trip Down Memory Lane and got loads of the Toby bits and bobs and some Sassafras that wasn't available in Bellaboo and guess what.....at checkout the website crashed......gonna have to try again in a moment I think.

So it's the last day of Pete being home which means I'm not going to be doing much tonight but hold onto him and get two months worth of hugs. It's the knowing that I won't even speak to him until he's about to fly back. He went in to work last night to flash up the reactors and stuff ready for Thursday. I thought he'd get home about 10pm or something but he came home at 1.30am and had to be back in again for 7.30 so unfortunately we don't get to spend the day together. I just hope he isn't home late tonight.

2 comments:

Sarah Youde said...

Hiya I have emailed Libby at Bellaboo to let her know, hopefully she can sort it out for you :)

Good luck with the first day blues (or joy!!) - perhaps you will be able to pop over and see me when they are all at school?? :)

Anonymous said...

hi teresa, have emailed you now to say that the order will be posted, the "pick up only" is because itäs free postage at the moment! thanks for the order :)