23 Aug 2008

Here's one I did earlier........

Haven't really felt much like blogging the last few days. The Navy has done it's usual and buggared up our last weekend together so at the moment I'm walking around like a bear with a sore head. We were part way painting the hallway aswell when the call came through yesterday for Pete to go onboard and that was the only free day to do the painting whilst the girls weren't running around the house so now i'll have a half painted hallway at least until November.

Yesterday the girls all had a great time. Whilst I was dropping the little ones in nursery I noticed a stage had been erected in the field and several marquees. Turned out that there was a summer concert on. The main attraction was Flava, apparently a dance troupe from Cornwall who were on Britains Got Talent (although I don't watch any of these talent shows which means i watch very little tele anymore). I did You tube them to find out who they were and was very impressed. When Freya got up, I told her and she was itching to get up there so off she tottered with two of her friends and I picked them up when the girls finished nursery. The girls had gone on the stage with the dancers and got all hysterical telling me about how they'd signed their t-shirts....it was just like me and New Kids On The Block all over again!

By the time I got there it was pretty quiet even though there was a band playing plus bouncy castles and the usual bumpf. Mind you, it didn't seem to be that well advertised. Hardly surprising as Saltash council can't organise a piss up in a brewery. Honestly you can tell that you've hit Cornwall when you get here. In Plymouth, they advertise massively stuff that's going on like the fireworks championships, festivals and stuff.....even crappy events seem to get loads of publicity...this little festival could really have had a lot more people coming.

So here's the layout that I've done so far this week. It's a scraplift from one that Alison Schubert has done with the July Bad Girls kit and I love love love it. REally pleased with how it turned out although i did buggar up with some of the measurements (I've never been one for rulers). I'm now working on another scraplift of a layout done by Tracie. All I seem to be able to do at the moment are lifts but I guess i've been so out of mojo lately that at least I'm glad that i'm finally scrapping again.






I had done a few more layouts over the past couple of months and not got around to sharing them for one reason or another, probably because I haven't really been blogging. The second is from the June kit and was a lift from Iris Babao Uy who's work is always gorgeous. Mine doesn't do it justice at all, but after I started I realised I needed a few bits from the addons which I've refused to buy because I'm creaking under the weight of unused stash as it is.







Then the last lift was also from the June kit and from a layout done by Allison Schubert. I have no idea why I have such a shadow over the photo on this layout, it's not like that in real life I can assure you. With hindsight, I think I would have stickled the letters a different colour and also may have used a sepia filter for the photo but I do love the layout and the Prima papers were beautiful.




The last layout was just using some left over scraps from the mountain of Creative Imaginations bits I had lying around after making a book for Freya a couple of months ago. Quite plain and simple to be honest but she thinks it's fab!


I got my August Bad Girls kit this week and it's the first one that i've been disappointed with. WEll, not with the whole kit as I love the embellishments and the stamp which is a mermaid is perfect for me but the papers aren't my bag at all. So it may be lifts again this month. I am itching though to start experimenting again and I think I'll do that once Pete is back at sea.

I got talking to a friend of mine on Facebook the other day and even though we've not caught up properly, I just wanna thank Sarah for inspiring me again to get a bit more creative with the photography. I think she found the Her Space My Space website from my blog ages ago and since then she's really kept up with it (and her blog) whereas I've lapsed sooooo much. When I see Sarahs photos I am blown away with how good they are.....now off to save for a decent macro lens!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww, you're much too kind. It's so great to see you back blogging again - I should warn you though that if you don't keep it up I might nag you this time!!

So very sorry to hear that Pete's weekend got f****d up - bloody RN.

xxx

cheryl mezzetti said...

I absolutely love your layout with Creative Imaginations Caution Girl!
Your work is beautiful!
:)