26 Aug 2008

A New Dawn, A New Day, A New Life....for me.....

....and I'm feeling good! Oh yes I am. The sun is struggling to shine and life is good. Even though Pete only has a couple more days til he goes to sea....I'm more at peace with my life than I have been for a long time. No matter how much I love my kids, I am so looking forward to the new term especially as Pete will be away so I can indulge in some much needed 'me' time. The past four years have thrown up some issues that I've found hard to cope with although I've kept them quite close to my chest but I'm starting to get to grips with things again. Now I just have to hold it together and get to Xmas without cracking and then I think I've got it all under control.

And there's more scrapping. Both the layouts were lifts from Tracie Hudson from the July Bad Girls kit. I adore her work and am so lucky to have someone like that to look up to who is never short of advice. Funnily enough though, I've never attempted to copy anything that Tracie has ever done before but I took a deep breath and hoped for the best. I'm really pleased with the results too. The first layout uses some really old photos of Freya.....I can't believe that she wasn't even two when these were taken. I'm a bit gutted that the photo doesn't show the 3d layering but it was hard enough to get these pics in the light as it was. Everything used was from the kit.



The second layout is a great photo of Emily throwing a tantrum. She doesn't like this one at all, especially since I told her the title! She went off in the usual sulk, so in that respect....JOB DONE! Most of the stuff I used was from the kit apart from some Rob and Bob rubon letters, Heidi Swapp Chipboard shapes, an old brad stashed away and some American Craft Thickers. I love the Sassafrass papers in the kit and was having a look at Tracie's website when I read that she'd just got onto the DT team. So a big up for her, I'm sure she'll do the UK proud. They do have some stunning papers there.





I was pleased as punch to find a comment on my last blog entry from Cheryl Mezzetti. To me this is like being visited by Scrap Royalty! I first came across her blog a little over a year ago after going goo goo gaa gaa over the Lovestruck and Caution Girl ranges by Creative Imaginations. So thank you for the comment Cheryl.

I had said in my last entry that I'd used my scraps for the layout of Freya from the Caution Girl range but realised that I hadn't actually put up any photos of the book I made for Freya. So here are some snaps.

I made this about four months ago as a journal for Freya to document her feelings and thoughts at a really difficult time for her. I can't show too much of it now as it contains some very personal thoughts in it, but there are still a few blank pages for her to use up. I did all the decorating of it and added journalling pages for her to use. The covers were done using Mod Podge (?) and it was the first time i'd ever used it and it really is great stuff. Makes the paper glossy and more resilient to use as covers. I just love the lttle heart padlock on the front.

We had a great bank holiday Monday. Once Pete had come home from work we had a visit from my dad and step mum, it's the first time they'd seen Freya since she'd come back from France and they were admiring her beautiful tan (me, jealous.......OF COURSE!). In the evening we had a huge buffet tea as the BBQ would have been too hit and miss...copious amounts of dips, crudites, pitta bread, pizza, cheeses, meats and pates. After the kids went up to bed, me and Pete played Mario Party 8 on the Wii. Now it's funny enough to watch someone on the Wii when they're sober....however, watching them after a bottle of red and a jug (yup....i DID say jug) of vodka and coke is pant wettingly hilarious. I haven't laughed so much in ages...to the point where i was crying and very literally letting out a drop of wee wee at the same time...well, women with kids will know that your bladder never really is the same after the third one pops out!

Luckily, I could have a lie in this morning, but Pete went off to work this afternoon looking non too healthy! He has to go in to get things ready for the off on Thursday. Fingers crossed he won't be back home too late tonight and may even be off work tomorrow. If so, it's final supper time, which traditionally means an Indian takeout and lots of silly jokes before the sad farewells.....not looking forward to that bit at all.

2 comments:

Tracie H said...

Lovin those Lo's hun and that minibook is to die for - I LOVE it.

cheryl mezzetti said...

Terrie i think i fell off my chair! This project is incredible!!! You really rocked the CI product. Your site is truly eye candy!
:)