15 Aug 2008

Regular blogging?

Well it's more regular than it has been! Still not done any scrapping although I do have a layout planned....I'm just waiting for a window of opportunity where i'm husband and childless. With Pete back off to sea in less than two weeks that should happen sooner rather than later. One good thing over the last couple of weeks though is that i've started to get the camera bug back again. I found a fantastic website called All Things Photography where you can find some fantastic tips and hints, especially when it comes to flash photography. I'm dying to get myself a decent wide angle lens for my canon but that may have to wait some time yet after I almost choked when i saw how much a 16-35mm lens was.....ummmmm may be asking for Jessop vouchers for the next six years!


I have been preparing a disc of photos to send to Freyas dad in France so thought i'd have a little play in Elements whilst i was changing them from RAW to JPEG images. I've just been playing with different filters and effects to do something a little different and I'm quite pleased with the results. RAW is such a godsend to those of us that are still getting our heads round exposures and ISO's and white balance.......all hail the DSLR!

The photo above was of Freya pratting around with my cap on when she was at the disco in Newquay. There were lots of flashy lights and weird colour casts on her face so I decided to emphasise the colour rather than trying to hide it by adding a neon filter and playing around. She looks like a right little raver!

It's been a fairly normal week here though, loads of rain...so no different from the usual British summer. We did however get a free holiday to Pontins. They were running a promotion to give something like a thousand free holidays to forces personnel and their families. I supplied our details and we've got a free midweek break to Prestatyn (spelling?) next May when Pete gets back from sea. No idea whether or not he'll be on leave then so just have to hope for the best. The idea is to team it up with a trip oooop norf to see the relatives....and if I've lost all the weight i hope to lose between now and then...an excuse for shopping wildly in Liverpool and Manchester which I've never done before without being on a tight rein!

So I'm looking forward to the start of the new football season tomorrow and hoping for a winning first day....if not, beware!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmm I want more lenses too! Great pictures, I'm so glad you're back, I've missed your blog x