30 Aug 2008

Zippedee do dah


Yup it's a wonderful day, the sun hasn't stopped shining. So befitting Pete's last day home....yup I know I said that in my last post but as with the submarine service....never expect things to run smoothly......a bit of bother meant that the boat now isn't sailing til Monday, although Pete will be gone from tomorrow afternoon.



So the kids are out playing.....Pete has literally dumped our back garden in the street much to the kids amusement. Bouncy castle, trampoline, bikes and scooters......surprise surprise my little blighters are now very popular with the other kids in the street and they haven't fallen out with anyone all afternoon! There's a leg of lamb slowly roasting in the oven which will be slavered with mint sauce in a couple hours too and washed down with a lot of wine.



Sorted out the stash orders I placed. My order from a Trip Down Memory Lane arrived yesterday and although they were minus a pack of Thickers that I'd ordered they followed today. Must say the service was fantastic and they were full of apologies over the missing letters. Definately a place to buy from again. I've also heard that their retreats are good and I'm dying for a retreat. Only thing is I would hate to drive anywhere around London. I'll go up to Manchester, Liverpool and Wales, but the thought of driving to Essex terrifies me!


The order I'd placed with Bellaboo says to pick up because it's going to be free delivery......I thought it may be something like that. So there is more stash to come to have a play with. I went to bed at 4 in the morning on Thursday night, just sorting stash and seeing what I had hiding away. I now know what I've got, have some ideas for projects and I'll get started tomorrow night once Pete has gone.


Freya has gone to stay at her cousins in Kingsbridge for a few days although she's back tomorrow evening. I'm just hoping that Spurs don't get stuffed tomorrow afternoon....not that I'll probably get much chance to watch it with me at home with the little ones but I'll give it a damned good try.

No comments: