20 Feb 2008

I've scrapped!



Yup, last night I blew the dust off my craft knife and got my fingers inky and gluey! I actually have three other layouts on the go, two of which I started ages ago and need finishing which I'm hoping to do this afternoon but here is one that I finished last night.




I was supposed to be going to a retreat at Tracies just before Xmas which unfortunately I had to cancel, but she kindly sent me down the kits so I could play along at home and they've been sat in the pizza box ever since! So last night I thought i'd do one of the classes and was immediately drawn to the one above which was by made by Sarah. So big thanks to Sarah for the class and I love these Piggy Tales papers and the chipboard is fab quality. Once again I've done a layout with stitching (and i LOATHE stitching). It took me half an hour to thread the floss, so I went to Tesco and have now bought myself a bloody needle threader! I just don't sew.......wish I could but I can't!


Went to join in with Her Space My Space today but the prompts are a lot more cryptic than when I was taking part before so will have to think a bit more carefully about it, I have an idea but it will involve a dangerous journey into the land that time forgot (i.e my eldest daughters bedroom) and I may not appear again for several days!


I also recieved my latest Bad Girls kit this morning. Ummmmm, not sure about this months but I'm yet to look on the site and see what the DT did with it so I'm hoping for a little inspiration before I even start with that one. I do however have four other Bad Girls kits still in the packages so I guess I have a lot of catching up to do!


Spent a nice day with my sister and her two kids yesterday. They came over to reek havoc and mayhem and the kids all really enjoyed themselves. Emily also had her pre school booster jabs in the afternoon. I was dreading it as it involves one injection in each arm but the girl didn't even flinch! She really puts her mother to shame.........i'm a definate needle phobic!
Tonight I have my mate Liam coming around for Lasange and DVD's. He's one of those people that I can't imagine ever having coped with life unless he was in it. A true friend that has seen me at my lowest and always offered either the right words of wisdom, or the complete distraction to enable me to carry on. How many nights we would spend up til 5 in the morning watching one Friends DVD after another! When all is said and done, these are the kinds of friends that will last for eternity and i'm so thankful that for that.

2 comments:

Sarah Youde said...

woo hooo! So glad to see you back in blogland Terrie. I deliberately put sewing in that class, just to make you sweat lol. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Sarah xxxx

Deanne said...

gorgeous LO Terrie, i've just got that bad girls kit, its my first one! i've still to find some inspiration to use it too - and time lol x