25 Feb 2008

On a roll......



Yup I've started and I'm keeping on going! The first two layouts I actually started months ago and they just needed some finishing touches added. I can't even remember the papers on the one above....I think everything was from a Scrapstudio kit. Shame these aren't around any more. Couldn't get a great photo of 'sleepy' as the transparency over it was reflecting everywhere I put it!



As for the second layout, I used bits from a mystery kit which I bought during a cybercrop on UKS. I think it was the 'love' kit or something, although again I have no idea of the papers or anything! Good aren't I?! Loved the little butterfly that came with it though.



And the layout last night was done from scratch using the latest Bad Girls kit. I really wasn't sure of the kit at first, I loved the elements but couldn't get my head around what I was going to do with it. Luckily the forum and blog were full of suggestions from the DT over there. I love this photograph of Freya. You may wonder why I would have a seemingly obscure title but there is method in my madness. This one has some hidden journalling. You see, Freya's father left when she was two weeks old and bringing her up on my own and working full time and studying part time was a pretty hard job. Luckily for Freya, she's always still maintained regular contact with her dad and her new extended family and it's always been something that I've completely encouraged.


This year however, he decided to move to France. It's caused a lot of stress, anger, sadness and upset and these are all emotions that are harder to take when there is nothing you can do about it. It's hard to see a 9 year old girl act as though nothing is wrong, smile, laugh and joke......and then as soon as she shuts the door she burst into tears and breaks down, which is what happened a fortnight ago when she said 'Au Revoir' for the first time. She has hidden so many emotions for fear of upsetting anyone that it's been such a rough ride. The hardest job has been to get her to be honest about her emotions and encourage her to speak openly. She's off for her first visit to France in just four weeks and I'm hoping that with the constant phone and web contact she has, she'll realise that he's not a million miles away and things aren't going to change as dramatically as she first feared. That's the hardest job.


Well, on a lighter note I went to Her Space My Space but the prompt for today wasn't up yet so i've done yesterdays. It's the show off sunday slot. Well, as I haven't taken many photos recently, (and certainly not any to 'show off' about) I've decided to include a photo which reminds me to look for something different when I have a camera in my hand and not just shoot at the face! These are Emilys new Dora skates.


HA! Just been back on HSMS and the prompt for today is cuddle.....how come Emily always looks like she's throttling Natasha when she gives cuddles?! I assure you she's not. Have a great day everyone......even if it is a Monday!

5 comments:

Bambi said...

they're so cute (^_^)

All of my Todays said...

Aww they look so cute together. x

maz said...

Hi Terrie... great shots and what a lovely cuddle those two re having. Your blog background is wicked!

jay670120 said...

fabby L/Os . Love them all.
cute photos too xxx

Amanda said...

Love the los def a hard job but hope freya has a good time when she goes for her 1st visit you have 3 beautys there