10 Sept 2007

Cakes

Well one thing that isn't in my space is cakes. I'm supposed to be on a diet, although the halo has kind of slipped lately and i must say i enjoyed the most gorgeous slice of lemon cheesecake from Waitrose on Friday morning. But this is the only cake i can safely be around at the moment....the kids 'cake'.



with the wrist still a little sore i've been getting into the digi scrapping a bit more and was sent to a website with some great tutorials here....I've only worked through the first two but it was certainly more fun than struggling with a paper layout and a dodgy wrist.


The first one is purely a template so it was just add a photo and text and the second was a layered template so you add the embellishments and papers etc to it. If you haven't tried digi before these tutorials cover Photoshop and Elements and there's some great mini tutorials on how to make your pages look more realistic.




I think i'll always be a paper scrapper but i'm loving some of the digi stuff you can get hold of especially for free so maybe this would be good for all those photos that i had no intention of scrapping and putting into albums, i could do this instead




It's certainly not as daunting as i thought it was going to be.


I have a really busy day today. The girls went back to nursery and school today, its been a long old seven weeks and it's probably going to take me another week to get used to the change in routine....just in time for us to go on hols! LOL
I'm certainly not a morning person but i have to get back into going to bed at a reasonable time and NOT 3.30 in the morning! So Freya is at school, i have to finish the housework, have a shower, bath the girls (who got a bit overexcited over breakfast!), drop them into nursery...go off to the salon and have my hair done (yippee!), come home, rush tea, take Freya to her keyboard lesson, come home and then i think i'll be fit to crash! Oh the life of a stay at home mum! Will give you a peak at the hair when it's done but expect it to look very different....actually if you think of me as the blog title it won't actually look very different at all as it's probably going to be the same as that but the last six months it has been VERY short and VERY straight and i can't wait to have my hair back as it should be! Have a good day everyone! X

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Love the digi scrapping. Hope the wrist eases more soon. As for the cake ... delicious picture.

Diana said...

Cake looks GORGEOUS and I do like your layouts. By the way my nails have gel overlays not extensions. The gel just seems to protect my nails from breakng and chipping!
Love Di

bonnette said...

I know how you feel ... diet versus cake! I have the same 'problem' with HSMS today!
I like your digiscrap and hope your wrist will be OK very soon!

Sue said...

Oh I remeber these :) They fit together and then you "cut" them with a plastic knife.

Great take on the prompt and def not fattening :D

Pleased you are enjoying digi scrapping and you lo's are fab. Where were your tuts from?

Glad your wrist is still on the mend.

Sue

Sarah Youde said...

I have got that cake in my house too!

Sam said...

Wow, that "cake" actually looks good enough to eat!!

The LO's are just fab too!

Bobs said...

I thought it was real at first glance lol! Great shot!

Polished Peripherals said...

hehehe nice safe cake.
After eating left over cheesecake tonight I'm wishing I only had toy cake in the house.

WendyB said...

I like the cake take and the digi scrapping. Have you seen http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/
I've had to wean myself off it as I ALWAYS find loads on the links that I want to download - my hard drive is creaking from it ;-)

Gemma* said...

omg, a house without cake . . . that's just not normal! pretty picture though.

Maaike said...

great LO
and this cake is no treat....LOL

Unknown said...

Great photo!!!! glad to hear your wrist is feeling better.

All of my Todays said...

Love the safe option cake!! Lol Love the layouts too I have downloaded some digi stuff but still haven't found the time to try. Just signed up for Kirsty's tutorials though so hopefully that might give me a kick up the butt. x

Anne said...

Oh No! I could eat that cake!!! LOL! :o) Fab LO's too!