9 Sept 2007

Happy Scrapper

Well the wrist has eased off enough for me to finish the two layouts last night that i was working on and if i sit really high at the keyboard it doesn't hurt too much to type but blimey...holding down a ruler when i cut with the craft knife.....BOY THAT HURT! So at least i know it's just a pressure thing now like pushing up with my hand to get off the floor, that kind of thing.

So here's one of the layouts i finished last night.


This was really hard as i loved this Basic Grey Phoebe paper but couldn't bear to cut it up so i handcut tiny pics of my mum and Freya taken at my sisters wedding 8 years ago and put those on with a hambly overlay. Thing is i got so carried away with the Ice Stickles. Whenever they come out i go OTT with them as i just love the sparkly effect they give. I just like adding a little extra to the papers and it also gives a little dimension too....oh heck...i just love stickles!



Freya made the sweetest little bridesmaid that day and everyone was cooing over her. At the reception she was running around in nappy and ballet pumps with a champagne balloon!


I also finished another layout which i'm not sure i can share yet....will have to check and get back to you on that one. I'm entering into the Docrafts competition and i know the layouts for it are live on the gallery there but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to put them anywhere else so i'll double check on the rules for it.
You may recognise the pic below which is for the HSMS prompt. It's a pic i took whilst pretending to be David Bailey when we went down Looe last month. It's the first time that i'd been out and about with the DSLR and had consciously tried to take some 'serious' photos. I was really pleased with how this turned out and added it to a minibook i also made last month. I think i may have a bit too much of the sky in the photo so the composition isn't as good as it could've been but still i am only a beginner and I'm hoping that i'll get a few more tips online and with the OU course which starts next month (although not heard that they've recieved my registration for it yet!).

..
Hope everyone is having a good weekend and i'll see you all tomorrow! X

7 comments:

Bobs said...

I love that shot. The blues are fabulous! Your LOs are gorgeous too! I really, REALLY need to get more scrapping done.

Love the Chili Peppers too!

Polished Peripherals said...

Glad your wrist is improving.
Beautiful layout! Great texture.
Your photo doesn't have too much sky for me. I like the empty space. It looks spot on for the 'rule of thirds'.

Hazel said...

Great shot and lovely LO - love the way you used stickles

Eleanor said...

Nooooo - the sky is perfect, I love it all, it needs the sky for the dimensions. Or something, lol. Anyway it's just fabby.
E
xx

Pam said...

I love the Basic Grey paper too and find it always hard to cut into it. Glad your wrist is getting better.

Love the photo for today. I love the sea and lighthouses. Thank you for your comment on my photo today (and whenever to get there). The photo was taken at Bandon, Oregon, USA. It's about a 2 hr. drive from where I live.

Sue said...

So pleased that things are showing signs of improvement.

Love your layouts . . . always do :) And Ice Stickles too!!

Photo is beautiful. The sky is so clear. We don't get many days like that.

Take care and hope you improve some more tomorrow

Sue

Joy said...

I think it's a gorgeous shot!