8 Sept 2007

Ow!


By the time i actually upload this i will probably have been typing for an hour! Reason: this bloody wrist just will not mend. Granted i have had a lot to do where i've had to take off my splint (including taking down a cotbed and moving 2 wardrobes) which probably haven't helped matters, but to be honest its not big things like that or even weight that really hurts. It can be the slightest movement and typing is definately the worst.

Having spent about the last 15 years with a keyboard as a natural extension to my wrist has certainly taken it's toll. When i gave up work five years ago, i couldn't believe the difference it made to my wrists...i went from wearing the splint a couple days a week to wearing it a couple times a month and i guess i'm lucky that i haven't really had any troubles now for a few months...certainly not enough to warrant the dreaded splints. I guess i should be greatful that it's just one wrist at the moment but i'm just hoping that it eases off before the holiday next Monday.

I could say it was an easy way to get out of the HSMS self portrait but as you can see i still did it.....do you think it makes me look fat LOL! Not exactly a stunning fashionable accessory though is it?!

So enough of my woes. I've had a great couple of packages in the post these past couple of days from Craft Obsessions. The first was a tote for the upcoming scrapcamp and the other which is a bit more exciting is a bind it all.

At the moment i can't do much with it cos of my wrist but i can't wait to get to grips with it and try out a few books.

Freya is staying at her nans this weekend along with her cousin Paige who she doesn't get to see that often. Freya doesn't know Paige will be there so that'll be a great surprise for her. Then on Monday it's back to normality as they're all back to school and nursery again. I've managed to cram a hair appointment in on Monday to get back to my curly wurly self before the holiday.

So tonight i want to try and finish one of my layouts and possibly do another digi. But all in all i think it will be a quiet weekend, fingers crossed (well on my left hand anyway!) X

10 comments:

Anne said...

Ouch Terri! Looks too painful - you've got to get it better for when that Bind-it-All arrives!!! How jealous am I??? LOL!!

sharon said...

that looks painful!..hope it eases before your holiday.x

Hazel said...

Oh what a shame that the wrist is still so painful and out of action. Well done on getting the bind-it-all - I'm seriously thinking of getting it.

Diana said...

Ouch so sorry that you are in pain! Interesting take on SPS!

Sue said...

Firstly so pleased you haven't got ra BUT so sorry you are not improving.

I have also worn splints like yours and it's so frustrating. No one can describe the pain can they? You have to have it to understand it and you wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Don't know about rsi but with ra too much activity triggers it and so does not enough!! Damned if I can find the place between the two that is just right!! :D

Hope you improve very soon.

Sue

Jolanda said...

Great picture. Very recognizable for me. Every now and then I wear a brace too.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hope you feel better soon ,your craft goodies will cheer you up,Dawn

Louise said...

ouch... I used to suffer with a bad wrist for years, then I started taking extra strong cod liver oil capsules, and calcium and magnesium tagblets and *touch wood* it is sooooo much better.

Hope you are on the mend soon
X

Joy said...

It does not make you look fat at all! LOL! Maybe you can turn that to the next big fashion accessory! LOL.
Seriously, I hope you feel much better soon!

Angela said...

Ow indeed! I hope it gets a bit easier soon.